Did you mean: 

Copy and paste scale issues

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
8685 Views, 15 Replies

Copy and paste scale issues

When I copy an object to the clipboard (crtl+C) and paste (crtl+V) it in the same drawing the new object is 12x too large.

This problem only occurs for me with this drawing. I opened other drawings and had no problems.

When a co-worker tried the same thing in the same drawing he experienced no problems.

When I use the copy command thenew object comes in at the correct scale.

I've tried several different approaches I found on the forums and nothing has worked so far. I would really appreciate help. I'm baffled as to why it seems to be a drawing specific issue for me, but my co-worker had no problem.

thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe you have Autocad and the other is using C3d

Message 3 of 16
john.vellek

HI llindhart,

Perhaps you can attach the file(s) and indicate what you are copy-pasting? i want to see if I can duplicate the problem on my workstation.

Which version of AutoCAD and Windows?

I look forward to assisting you in resolving this issue.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 16
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> When a co-worker tried the same thing in the same drawing he experienced no problems.

Start command _OPTIONS and verify that values with the system of your co-worker:

20160603_1902.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I have Windows 7 and AutoCAD 2015. When copying lines, blocks, text, etc. all items paste 12x larger. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

We checked this and we're both set on inches.

Message 8 of 16
ВeekeeCZ

Try -dwgunits command
Message 9 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I like to check drawings with Audit and Purge to see how clean they are. Your's took a LONG time in AutoCAD 2015!

At any rate, I was unable to duplicate the issue on my workstation. Is this only happening on the one drawing?

Take a look at the drawing that I cleaned a bit and let me know if you are still having the same problem.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Unfortunately that didn't help. Yes, it's only happening in this drawing. Thank you for your help thus far.

Message 11 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am sorry that didn't help. What happens if you select an object, CTRL-C, CTRL-V and then type X (for scale factor) before selecting an insertion point?

John Vellek

Message 12 of 16
ВeekeeCZ

Try WBLOCK all the stuff to new drawing.

The attached drawing is not from wblock.. i don't want to mess it up with metrical units...

Message 13 of 16
scot-65

Perhaps try inserting the troubled file into a blank template
and do a Save As...

Another item that comes to mind is a third-party dictionary
definition that may require removal.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/today-s-giveaway-purge-dictionary-ite...

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 14 of 16
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I haven't seen an update on your post so I thought I would check back with you. If my last post or the posts of others did not help to resolve the problem, I suggest going into the model, turning everything on, thawing everything and then selecting using a window or crossing all the entities so you can copy and past into a new, clean drawing.

Please post your results.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 15 of 16
murray-clack

Someone previously mentioned in this post about checking the setting for -DWGUNITS  

No matter what your UNITS (et. al.) are set to, it is the -DWGUNITS will will OVERRIDE whatever other units are set at.

When you set the desired setting for -DWGUNITS, make sure you answer "no" to all the scaling questions.

Make sure -DWGUNITS are set the same between the drawing you are copying from and pasting to (as well as UNITS)

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: murray-clack

When I begin typing -dwgunits autoCAD suggests -dwgunits as an option. When I select the -dwgunits prompt or finish entering the command AutoCAD then tells me it's an unknown command. I've tried this several times and have no idea why it's happening.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report