Did you mean: 

Content of viewport not plotting

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
37859 Views, 11 Replies

Content of viewport not plotting

I have just been upgraded from 2006 to 2017.  Quite a difference.  Most of my issues involve the ribbon and I'm not a fan.  However, today I am trying to print layouts and just one of the several viewports on two pages (copies) will not print it's contents.  All other viewports print fine and the plot device does not make a difference.  The contents appear in the plot preview.  I have been searching for an answer for some time and several possibilities provided have been addressed without making a difference.  MAXACTVP is at 64.  I have also restarted the program.  I'm very frustrated.  Can someone help, please?  Thanks.

Jeff

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

>> I have just been upgraded from 2006 to 2017

Wow, a big step, I hope you had a chance for a training too 😉

>> The contents appear in the plot preview.

Then it should also be visible in the plot.

First make sure you have installed the latest service packs for your AutoCAD.

Then check the drawing using command _AUDIT and see if there are any errors reported.

If nothing helps, upload the drawing as well as a PDF created as plot from that drawing so we can see what is missing on your plot-output.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Is it possible to attach your drawing to a post? You could alternatively send it to me email if necessary at john.vellek@autodesk.com.

Are plotting in paperspace or modelspace when this happens?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 12
pendean

Plotting to what? If it shows in preview, that is what goes to the printer/plotter.
What if you plot to something else, like one of the FIVE pdf drivers or a dwf driver in R2017?

OR... Post your drawing, let's all have a look: absolutely nothing changed with plotting and viewports in 2017 from 2006 so it's probably something a lot simpler.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have attached the drawing, a scan of what it should look like and a PDF showing the missing viewport plots.  I managed to get one set that looked right by recreating the viewports (the scan) but the contents were missing again when I printed the sheets as a PDF except for the second sheet.  I have also tried two different printers with the same results.  Note the issue is only occuring with the circular viewports and the others plot just fine.

I am the only detailer employed here at this small metal fabricator and formal training is not in the budget.  I'm on my own.

BTW, thanks to all for the quick responses.

Jeff

Message 6 of 12
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I'm not sure why, but when you change the linetype of the circle (that is used to clip the viewport in layout "E5") from "HIDDEN2" to "byLayer" then the plot works well.

I know that this is not a real solution, just a workaround, but for now you can get it working.

I'm close to say it's a bug (tried with AutoCAD 2017.1.1).

20161228_1716.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 12
Patchy

Circular viewport gives me trouble all the time, it's actually 2 entities one is a circle an one is a viewport.

(Click on it and go to Properties Pallete, it'll show)

Make a many sides polygon then it will become a polyline and a viewport is a fix for me.

Message 8 of 12
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous

I don't use circular viewports very often and haven't really experienced this problem.  Have the workarounds by other helped you to get this to work?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I never had issues with it on version 2006. I’ve chosen to create a
slightly larger hidden line circle on a different layer around the viewport
circle. It appears as though if I don’t mess with the viewport linetype it
plots just fine.

Jeff

To our Customers:
Please include the BBC job number
in your correspondence for faster service.
Thank you.

Jeff Lowe
Detailer
Barnett-Bates Corp.
www.barnettbates.com
1-815-726-5223 ext 122
1-800-541-3912
1-815-726-9210 (fax)
Message 10 of 12
cwr-pae

I Recently had this problem. I found that with the new ltgapselection variable set to 1 the viewports fail to plot with anything but continuous linetype. Non continuous linetype viewports still plot if the ltgapselection variable is set to 0.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: cwr-pae

Thanks!  Great discovery.

Message 12 of 12
AD_cbarszc0
in reply to: cwr-pae

Thanks for the solution!!

Seems to still apply in MEP 2020. I had a viewport that contained a TIFF image on 9 layout pages. It would randomly print/not print on 3 pages. 

Resetting LTGAPSELECTION to 0 seemed to solve the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta