Did you mean: 

Constant Text Height

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
AndyB-Arteo
100 Views, 3 Replies

Constant Text Height

Let's say that on an A1 drawing sheet, we want all the text whatever and wherever it is to be 3mm in height. If I'm placing text directly into paper space, that is fine, I can set the text to 3mm, however I have some blocks which have text in them (some dynamic, some standard) .  These blocks may appear in more than one viewport, maybe an overview at 1:50 as well as a more detailed view at 1:5.  I have used both annotative and non-annotative text in the blocks, neither of which seem capable of displaying the text at 3mm high in paper space.  Does anyone have a solution that will display block text at 3mm high irrespective of Viewport Scale please?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: AndyB-Arteo

BATTMAN command is designed to fix block attributes settings. ATTSYNC can be used in conjunction if needed. Both are explained in HELP.

STYLE command may be the better for you all to control changes vs. any manual overrides might use.

ONLY annotative text/dims/mleaders/leaders/attributes will scale (aka always be 3mm) when inside viewports with different viewport scales all the time. There is no sneaky backdoor override option do do the same otherwise.

HTH

Message 3 of 4
AndyB-Arteo
in reply to: pendean

Hi, the text is just text, not an attribute as it will never change, but maybe making it an attribute is the way to go.  Thanks for the clarification.

Andrew

Message 4 of 4
AndyB-Arteo
in reply to: AndyB-Arteo

Unfortunately, not the way to go as it turns out.  The attributes have an annotative text style, sync'd using BATTMAN and ATTSYNC but the text only ever shows as 3mm at a Viewport scale of 1:1.  As Viewport scales go up as needed, the text size gets smaller.  There must be a way to have legible text in blocks at different Viewport scales surely.

Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report