Did you mean: 

CUI icons resolution

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
denys_gorkovchuk
125 Views, 3 Replies

CUI icons resolution

Hi everyone!

I am working on a new CUI for custom commands and I have two problems since already few years, which I can't solve in a beautiful way:

1) I can't find information regarding the resolution of icons.
There are very old guidelines, which say: small icon - 16x16 px, large - 32x32 px. But since a few years AutoCAD already have "adaptive" resolution icons, which are set to 24x24 (or 48x48 for large) if your screen scaling is 150% and 32x32 (64x64) for 200% scaling on 4k monitors. But in CUI settings there is still only 2 old options.

Is there a way to set more icons that just 16x16 and 32x32?
2) Is there some repository with basic AutoCAD icons? I wan't to create my icons in the same style and it would be great if I can use AutoCAD icons as a reference with transparencies, and not by copying them from the screenshot.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: denys_gorkovchuk

@denys_gorkovchuk wrote:

....Is there a way to set more icons that just 16x16 and 32x32?...

By chance you missed this in HELP in the program

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2025/ENU/?guid=GUID-110030E5-F82E-4920-BF47-AEFF483CF196

To answer your first question, No. But this post (and many others like it) offer tips on why scaling-displays may not be a good option:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/4k-is-blurry/td-p/9517650

@denys_gorkovchuk wrote:

...Is there some repository with basic AutoCAD icons? ...

Nothing on a website anywhere if that is what you seek: but you ca create your own "go-by" with CUI command in the program, select an icon then 'export it'

pendean_0-1720711960482.png

or

pendean_1-1720712021305.png

See the very first link in this reply to learn more about CUI icons creation etc.

HTH

Message 3 of 4

1) That is what I have mentioned, that all manuals refer only to those two sizes of icons. But AutoCAD sine few years natively supports more sizes and correct scaling. But for some reason this is still not available for customization.
Scaling is something which need to be done, because monitors are increasing resolution. And working on 4k 28 inch monitor with 100% scaling is not comfortable.
2) The export option is similar to a screenshot. It exports in BMP without transparency. On small icons erasing the background is not very effective.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: denys_gorkovchuk

@denys_gorkovchuk wrote:

1) ...But for some reason this is still not available for customization.
Scaling is something which need to be done, because monitors are increasing resolution. And working on 4k 28 inch monitor with 100% scaling is not comfortable.

Autodesk has chosen to not give us users any options. Feel free to contact Autodesk and request any changes to the interface you want, it hasn't happened in the last 10-ish years but who knows, it could happen next version or sometime before 2050

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Feedback-to-Autode...

@denys_gorkovchuk wrote:

....It exports in BMP without transparency... .

From HELP and the initial link I shared, explore these details, convert BMP to PNG works for all of us:

pendean_0-1720714773246.png

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report