Did you mean: 

connvert polyline to surface

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
646 Views, 5 Replies

connvert polyline to surface

i made a polyline and i need to convert it to a surface so that i could export it to ansys, but all commands to do that aren't working, what should i do ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> but all commands to do that aren't working

It's not clear what you describe, are you wanting to fill the area of the polyline with a surface?

In that case you might use command _PLANESURF with option _OBJECT ... but if that works for the object you have shown in your screenshot? I don't know which object type that is, also not if it's on a plane or 3D, ...

If that does not help please show the dwg-file, and maybe describe what you expect to get, as my guess that the area within your polygon could be wrong.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

i want this object to be a surface so that i can extrude or something like that then i will save it into iges extension.

Message 4 of 6
leeminardi

The polyline has 549 vertices.  Way too many, especially for a finite element analysis.  In addition, the shape is not closed. Use pedit then c to close the shape.  You can then use extrude to make the shape a 3D solid object.  But first, you should really clean up the shape.  Use arcs if possible for the portions of the outline that appear circular.   Better yet, use a spline to define the entire shape.  I would  think you could use less than fit points to adequately define the outline for FEA.

lee.minardi
Message 5 of 6
parkr4st
in reply to: leeminardi

open at the red circle.  closed by moving end point to the left of the gap in the view and properties to closed.  extruded

dave

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

i am really thankful for all of you, i closed the shape then made it surfplane then import it to ansys with 2d settings 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report