Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining 3d models for coordination

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wkreutzer
225 Views, 2 Replies

Combining 3d models for coordination

Hello All, I am working on finding the best options for combining 3d models from multiple file formats.  I work for an engineering consulting firm that covers Structural, MEP, Civil and Agricultural industries.  We also get models from outside out company.  I am looking for a program or two hopefully to be able to  combine and coordinate 3d files from Revit, AutoCad, Plant 3D, Navisworks, Inventor, .IFC and .STP, as well as other possibilities.  

What are some recommendations to look at and how to learn the process of doing this.  Please help with any recommendations to start this.  

Regards,

WK

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheCADnoob
in reply to: wkreutzer

We frequently use Navis as our model coordination tool. 

Have you looked into BIM Collaborate? https://construction.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-bim-collaborate/

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
wkreutzer
in reply to: TheCADnoob

@TheCADnoob, I have been using Revit for quite a few years now but I am just starting down the path of model coordination for our company and have not used too much yet. I have tried to use Navis a bit but am still very green to this role and the combining of models. I will look into the Collaborate. Thanks for some info and a direction to look.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report