Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric mirroring

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
john.p.addy
365 Views, 4 Replies

Isometric mirroring

Hello everyone,   of course its close to the end of my work day and I got asked to mirror an isometric drawing.  Now it's been years since I have even done an iso drawing let alone mirror one an make the corrections to it.  I have attached the drawing.  I need to have the bottom on the top and the top on the bottom and then correct what needs it.

Any help will be great which I won't be able to check anything until tomorrow.

Thank you,
John Addy
Electrical Engineering Tech.
Department of Defense
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: john.p.addy

Message 3 of 5
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Patchy

@Patchy wrote:

Mirror it twice

If your suggestion is to turn what's at the lower left in your image [the original orientation in the OP's drawing] to what's at the upper right, the same can be done by simply Rotating it 180°.

@john.p.addy, there are a variety of axes such a thing might be Mirrored across.  Can you be more specific about what you intend, even with a loose freehand sketch or something?  For example, is your result supposed to be looking up into the concave underside of the part?  Or still looking down, but with the part turned up-side-down from how it's currently drawn?  If either of those, simply Mirroring is going to be a long way from the desired end result, because of all the portions that we suspect are there but are not visible in the current view.  Is there another slot hidden on the far side of the larger part like the one on the side that shows?  Etc.

Even what you have doesn't look right to me.  Shouldn't the surface where I changed the hatching to red curve leftward at the top, following the curvature of the parts I changed to green?

Kent1Cooper_0-1721243588951.png

And shouldn't the yellow filleted edge straddle the blue center-line [which I added] in the same way the magenta ones do, and be the same size?

Kent1Cooper_1-1721243937493.png

[The offscreen one away to lower left is also off, but a lot closer.]

And arc segments and line segments can't meet tangentially at both ends:

Kent1Cooper_2-1721244356231.png

because they should be Elliptical arcs, not Arcs or Polyline arc segments.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 5
john.p.addy
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

THIS IS WHAT IS WHAT THEY ARE MORE OR SO LOOKING FOR.

HAD TO REDRAW IT THE BEST I COULD.  I HAVENT DONE A ISO

DRAWING IN YEARS.

johnpaddy_0-1721300338508.png

Thank you,
John Addy
Electrical Engineering Tech.
Department of Defense
Message 5 of 5
Patchy
in reply to: john.p.addy

Draw 3d is the best solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report