Did you mean: 

Combine Calculated Value and Text String in AutoCAD Table Cells

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
petestrycharske
435 Views, 4 Replies

Combine Calculated Value and Text String in AutoCAD Table Cells

All,

Good morning!  Is it possible to combine a calculated value (perhaps from another cell) and a text string in an AutoCAD Table cell?  I'm not seeing an obvious way to do this, without going out to Excel and then coming back into AutoCAD.  Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?  Thanks in advance for any help that you can throw my way!  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: petestrycharske

perhaps a FIELD +text combination?
Message 3 of 5
petestrycharske
in reply to: pendean

@pendean, thanks for the suggestion and I like it!  Unfortunately, I was not successful when I tried to get the field to recognize a particular cell.  I tried to use the "Object" field type.  Do you know of a different way?  Thanks for the help and have a most blessed day!

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: petestrycharske

Can you share a sample DWG file with some notes in it describing your intent?

Message 5 of 5

Hi @petestrycharske 

You can do it using a formula that contains a FIELD (actually a small part of a field). Here's an example. 

I have Table-1 and Table-2. I want to CAPTURE total from Table-1 and Table-2 and insert them into the Summary table. (Image-1)

Image-1Image-1

To capture the total from Table-1, click the destination cell in Summary Table, right click and insert a FIELD.. The field comes from a table so select Table-1 as the source then.... (Image-2)

Image-2Image-2

....after selecting the table, highlight the object ID from the Field Expression section and copy the ObjID to your clipboard. Then back in the Summary destination cell, enter the formula

=Table('ObjID').cell  

<<In this example......=Table(1905947083840).D7 >> where the ObjID is pasted from the clipboard followed by '.' and cell column-row. (Image-3)

Image-3Image-3

Use the same procedure to capture the total from Table-2 and Summary Table will look like this. (Image-4)

Image-4Image-4 

If you want to add additional text to the destination cell, such as a prefix or suffix, you can do it by selecting the destination table and going through the Properties Palette. (Image-5) 

Image-5Image-5

If any of the values in the source tables change, enter Regen All (REA) on command line so the Summary Table can update and reflect the change.  

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report