Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change layout of status bar in autocad 2023

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rayez54751
387 Views, 5 Replies

Change layout of status bar in autocad 2023

I'm just starting in autocad 2023 and the ribbon. how do I change the layout of the status bar. I haven't use Acad since version 2007. I'm starting in College, May 31st for Architectural Technology and will be using Acad 2023. how can I rearrange the status bar commands. 2007 was logical F2,F3,F7... 2023 has them grouped as [F7,9] [F12,8,10,11,3]. I want to make them match to 2007 but I can't find the Status bar in customization. anyone ever change the status bar before or just me. switching to the ribbon is hard enough, so I could use some help, please

thanks for any help your willing to give.

Ray Long

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: rayez54751

I am rather sure you can not change the order of the icons in the status bar. You only can select which of the possible icons are displayed and which not. (To do that, click on Customization, located at the far-right end of the status bar, and select the items you want displayed). 

(BTW: If you change from a very old car with manual transmission to a newer car with automatic transmission, you must also get used to the new operation. 😉 )

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
rayez54751
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

yeah I stick with manual transmission. you use to be able to customize menu
before ribbons
Message 4 of 6
dmfrazier

"you use to be able to customize menu
before ribbons"

You can still customize menus (as well as many other interface elements - see Help for CUI command).

The status bar is not a menu and is not among the interface elements that can be customized via the CUI command.

There might be a way to re-arrange the status bar buttons in the Registry, but you'll probably have to look elsewhere for info on that.

Message 5 of 6
rayez54751
in reply to: dmfrazier

• Okay I haven't been in the registry since 2009. Thank you for your reply I can live with that
Message 6 of 6
nrz13

I concur regarding not being able to customize the status bar (I keep mine off).  You are aware, though, that you can turn off the Ribbon and use the old toolbars instead if you like, right?

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta