Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see objects in autocad due to proxy but its ok in civil 3d

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Faheemgenshin2
829 Views, 9 Replies

Cant see objects in autocad due to proxy but its ok in civil 3d

Hi I'm just wondering is there a easier way to solve this issue as for my side i mostly used civil 3d but for my clients who used only AutoCAD they seemed to be not able to see the objects. I tried to resolved with downloading object viewer but it failed. I know that for example pressure network will have different properties from civil 3d to AutoCAD and using the command EXPORTTOAUTOCAD will mean for me to lose the data of my civil 3d just for my clients to be able to see the model. Below are some examples of screenshots of my POV vs client POV. Any help would be thankful thank you.

P.S. Civil 3d is fine and readable

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

@Faheemgenshin2 ,

You need to download the Object Enabler:

Check these instruction here:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Faheemgenshin2

@Faheemgenshin2 wrote:

...using the command EXPORTTOAUTOCAD will mean for me to lose the data of my civil 3d just for my clients to be able to see the model. ...

Nope. No miracle fix exists.

That's why you do that to a copy of your file, not your actual working file.

OR... C3D Object Enablers for them, see post above.

OR... they buy C3D licenses.

OR... you stop using C3D.

OR.. they adapt to using webbased C3D viewer/options out there from Autodesk that are not free.

Tough choices for sure, but ultimately someone has to pay/suffer my friend. Clients prefer if we suffer instead of them, right?

Message 4 of 10

Hi @Faheemgenshin2 

Thanks for uploading those images. You are correct when saying:

<<...using the command EXPORTTOAUTOCAD will mean for me to lose the data of my civil 3d just for my clients to be able to see the model...>>

The EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command can be used before you open the drawing in something other than Civil3D such as plain vanilla AutoCAD or DWG TrueView, but there's a catch.

Using Export to AutoCAD will 'dumb down' your civil objects which means you'll lose your smart objects. The ExportToAutoCAD function is good for viewing purposes. If your clients wish to go beyond looking at your design, such as editing and manipulating Civil3D entities, then they'll need C3D just like you. 

You already know what your clients will get if they download and install Object Enbalers.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 5 of 10

Sorry what I forgot to mentioned that my client did download object enabler but failed to see the objects still. I did mentioned to download a 3rd party software like zombie killer but due to security issue we they cant download it. Can I confirm for the object enabler do they need to download the same version as my civil 3d version for their AutoCAD as I am using C3D 2022 while both of them are using 2019 & 2022. I did use the link How to download object enablers for AutoCAD  when I searched the forums. Below are examples of the proxy. So far the only things that works are reading in Civil 3d, Bim 360 and Naviworks manage. Thanks for the reply.

proxy info 1.jpg

Message 6 of 10
Faheemgenshin2
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply.

As for the object enabler do they need to download the same version as mine C3D 2022 or download their AutoCAD version which is 2020 and 2019. I think they downloaded the lower version thats why they cant read but then again most dwg file is save as 2018 version. Thanks for the reply

Message 7 of 10

Yea that's the only solution I can come up with as the real information comes by using C3D and just to view in AutoCAD you got to use the EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command. I did mentioned to them they could see using Bim 360 or Navisworks manage if they don't owned C3D. Thanks for the reply.

Message 8 of 10

Also just an update the 2019 version of autoCAD from a client could read my old file last year. But still it reads as proxy as properties. Its just my latest files cant see the objects.

Message 9 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Faheemgenshin2

@Faheemgenshin2   yes, OEs are year-specific to the user's year-specific AutoCAD.

Object Enablers today for modern versions online reside at a user's Autodesk Subscription page under their program, no where else. If that's not secure enough for anyone's IT then I don't know what is. Older ones are online if they can be found, mostly hosted at 3rd party websites.

C3D by design from Autodesk is special, out of reach for many without it, OEs are about the only fix Autodesk has chosen to offer other than the "EXPORT TO AUTOCAD" option. No one here can change that decades-old reality, and there are no workarounds.

If you or they are under corporate restricted accounts, then your/their IT can grab and install those avaialble OEs for them.

pendean_1-1694531435132.png

pendean_0-1694531416968.png

pendean_2-1694531466610.pngpendean_3-1694531485244.png

pendean_5-1694531677733.png

pendean_4-1694531653680.png

pendean_6-1694531702112.pngpendean_7-1694531777270.png

HTH

Message 10 of 10
Faheemgenshin2
in reply to: pendean

@pendean Thanks for the feedback I'll ask them to download the object enabler again and see if its working on their side.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report