Did you mean: 

Can't close block editor

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
Anonymous
67048 Views, 38 Replies

Can't close block editor

AutoCAD 2010. I was editing a block in the block edit screen and it wouldnt save the block. My screen froze and I had to reboot the computer. Now when I open the drawing it is still in the block edit screen and I cant get out of it. Help!!!!!!!!!!

38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
doni49
in reply to: dmfrazier

When you checked Drawing Recovery Manager, did you see an Autosave file there?  Although it's been long enough that it might very well have been overwritten.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

There was a bak file there it was the same way as the original drawing.

Message 23 of 39
sthompson1021

Hi, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but once you hit save when you rebooted, you wiped out your previous autosave files. If you are working on a network and they backup files everyday, maybe you can get a copy from the day before the problem started.

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: sthompson1021

Yeah. Small company everything is on my computer only and thumb drives
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear jay, Today i also find same problem with my Autocad 3D Civil 2012 and it's solution is very simple. Type command in Command bar "Recover" then choose that file and recover file as model. Regards, Sushil Kumar
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous

yeah!!  above comment that helpful 

i got a same problem and i try many way ...

Now  just type command     " recover "   and then press  1 file its came back and save as to the new file name....

Many thanks 

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous

DONI49, Thank you so much, you are the best:

Correct,  I was in Model space and edit an enhanced attribute block, then I did all above and could not close upper toolbar with Close Block Editor, xref layer was locked, but still after unlock did not solved the problem;

This was the key:

Type in: DRAWINGRECOVERY

Message 28 of 39
matt

You're obviously not familiar with this blog.  You have to go on and on about something to show how smart you think you are, and then make sure that what your write doesn't accidentally have something to do with the question the person is asking.

Here's an example.  After I post "I cant close the block editor"  you could say "What kind of machine do you have Matt? "  Then I answer "A two year old dual 6 core  linked server grade with a solid state drive.  Works about 24x as fast as a dual quad core (which is what I have and occasionally people will say maybe it's my computer)."  

Then you reply "Oh, I see.  Have you tried changing out your video card?  Try that and then get back to me."

Your response was the first one I came to, was only a few words long, and was exactly the fix I needed.  That's not acceptable.

Message 29 of 39
cadffm
in reply to: matt

deleted

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 30 of 39
Anonymous

Right click "close xxx" either block editor or reference edit. 

Message 31 of 39
izwan.me

thanks bro.. its really help,...Heart

Message 32 of 39
RobDraw
in reply to: matt

@matt wrote:

You're obviously not familiar with this blog.  You have to go on and on about something to show how smart you think you are, and then make sure that what your write doesn't accidentally have something to do with the question the person is asking.

Here's an example.  After I post "I cant close the block editor"  you could say "What kind of machine do you have Matt? "  Then I answer "A two year old dual 6 core  linked server grade with a solid state drive.  Works about 24x as fast as a dual quad core (which is what I have and occasionally people will say maybe it's my computer)."  

Then you reply "Oh, I see.  Have you tried changing out your video card?  Try that and then get back to me."

Your response was the first one I came to, was only a few words long, and was exactly the fix I needed.  That's not acceptable.

What?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Right click in empty space and select Close Block Editor from the menu.

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous

any updates on this problem, i am encountering the same thing

Message 35 of 39
RobDraw

The issue is marked as solved. I wouldn't expect any updates.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 36 of 39
CARLOS.RENDONR4QLN

I had the same issue where the block editor would not close.  I clicked on the close block editor button and nothing happened. I typed _bclose and that didn't work.  I tried a couple other suggestions in this thread and still the block editor would not closed.  I tried another Google search and the 2nd link down mentioned bsave.  That did the trick for me.  Wish I would have checked the first time it happened, I lost so much information that time.

Message 37 of 39
Rambazamba73

bclose command ?

Message 38 of 39
ahankermeyer

No solution yet?!  I'm having exact same issue.  

Message 39 of 39

In block editor, try the command "BSAVE".  That worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta