Did you mean: 

Cad layers together with cnc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
markkuw33
1062 Views, 2 Replies

Cad layers together with cnc

Hello!!

My name is Markku and i have a lite question for a eventual plugin.

A little background to why I am writing.

I have a cnc machine, to program it, I use autocad and the machine's own software. The cnc software is built up so that in autocad you name each layer to different names to get a specific function or iso code that the cnc machine can read and operate, (when I have auto imported the cad drawing as a dxf file ofcourse)

The thing is that these names of the layers I have to use will be very long and curly and difficult to read if there are any errors. As an example of a layer to mill a hole with a pin mill - 6mm on the top, diameter 48, depth 15mm, direction left: TCHW0B1D1500PT1DIR0TC1DI600. it is quite hard to read after a while, atleast if you use like 10-20 different functions for one pice.

So my question is if there is any type of layer plugin that can make a layer according to what you click or choose. Simply choosing a new layer, then you can choose which side the processing should be on, then choose what kind of operating(like mill, bore, saw etc), and so on until it has created a layer, like the one above. (after what has been configured in something like a tool list and variable list.)

best regards Markku

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: markkuw33

Hi,

>> I have a cnc machine, to program it, I use autocad and the machine's own software.

Doesn't this manufacturer has a software that creates these layers for you?

>> if there is any type of layer plugin that can make a layer according to what you click or choose

There exist a lot of layer plugins, but I don't know any plugin asking for "mill diameter" and "mill depth" and then creating that layername.

You might do that for yourself when you know a bit of coding or ask someone to create such a tool. But you need to inform this guy about all your possible operations (mill, bore, saw, ...) as well as all available parameters for each of the operations (tool, diameter, depth, speed, rpm, ...)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
markkuw33
in reply to: markkuw33

Yes, the layers are already made and are kind of static ones. The alphabetic variables is "solid" or what to say, and the numretic is the ones each individual cnc operator changes for their own purposes. There is toolclasses, peremade processing groups(like mill,bore etc) and so on. And in autocad you uses a combination of alpha and numeric variables to create a procsses.

Well, I dont know much of software coding but I am kinda interested in learning, since you can do like anything with it I guess?

//markku

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta