Did you mean: 

BLOCK CRASH

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
379 Views, 7 Replies

BLOCK CRASH

I AM EDITING A BLOCK OF A TOILET . 

THE DRAWING AND AUTOCAD SHUTS DOWN (NOTHING NEW). 

THE THING THAT REALLY CHANGED WAS WHEN I TRIED TO RECOVER THE DRAWING  THE BLOCK WAS THE ONLY THING THAT WAS LEFT IN THE DRAWING EVERYTHING ELSE WAS ERASED. NOW ALSO THE SIZE OF THE FILE DIDN'T CHANGE BUT EVERYTHING IS GONE EXCEPT THE BLOCK. AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

PLEASE HELP

THANKS

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thanks for posting. 

I see that you mentioned, "THE DRAWING AND AUTOCAD SHUTS DOWN (NOTHING NEW). " does this often happen to you? 

When does it happen? Only when you edit this block? Or on other occasions, please explain? 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

It doesn't happen everyday but it happens . It doesn't just happen when editing a block it just happens at random times.  Usually its no big deal because I recover the drawing but this issue is something new that I have never seen before. 

Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

that happened when service packs were not installed.

Can you please start command _ABOUT and send us a screenshot from that dialog?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Here is my screen shot

Message 6 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

thank you for your screenshot, you should install update 2019.1.2

For your defect drawing, I guess it's lost so take care with your BAK file so you don't lose the previous version.

A small chance I have seen in some rare cases like yours: start command _INSERT and go through all blocks, it might be that one of them is your previous model space content.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I understand.

Strange thing is the file is still the same size as if all the information is still in it. 

Message 8 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

as I wrote, I guess the BAK file is the best you currently have.

You might upload the dwg-file, maybe there exists a small chance to get your modelspace back (please describe or show us anything so we know what you expect to have in the modelspace ... and so we know what we have to search for).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report