Did you mean: 

Block Attribute Order

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
werner.bianca
142 Views, 2 Replies

Block Attribute Order

Good morning!
Wondering if other users have the same issue I'm encountering.

While creating a Dynamic block (with multiple visibilities, a lookup table and move and stretch parameters), When I updated or made changed to the Attribute Order, it would mess up all other parameters in the block, as if the parameters are tied to the attribute order instead of the attribute itself.

This unfortunately generated a lot more cleanup when a change is made because I had to reset the visibility for all the attributes and reset the selection of all the parameters.

I understand that the way around it would be to do it right the first time hehe.
But sometimes when collaborating with multiple groups, update requests are made ate different stages of the process.

Does anyone know if this is an issue that has been remediated on a recent version?
I'm currently using AutoCAD 2019.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dmfrazier
in reply to: werner.bianca

"...as if the parameters are tied to the attribute order instead of the attribute itself."

Just guessing here (and only responding because no one else has), but this may be due to the way the attribute re-ordering is accomplished "under the covers" as it were. Drawing objects have unique "tags" which are used by dynamic block actions, etc., to change things dynamically. I'm guessing that the attribute re-ordering routine, at least in some cases, replaces attributes with new attributes, which means their "tags" would be different and thus no longer  connected to the db actions, etc. Of course, this doesn't constitute a solution, but it might help explain what is happening (for what it's worth).  

Message 3 of 3
cadffm
in reply to: werner.bianca

Hi,

if I remember well, you are right with all of them and you can do nothing else the manually way.

(Some years ago I stumbled about the same problem)

EDIT: @j.palmeL29YX 

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report