Alternate to divide command

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jaskiratspanesar
528 Views, 8 Replies

Alternate to divide command

Hey

I want to divide a line segment, I can do this by divide command. But the Problem is that I want to trim few newly created line segments of the original line. Trying to do so erases the whole line.

So is there any command that could Divide the line, circle etc into required parts and allow me to trim few parts only?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: jaskiratspanesar

There is a BREAK command.

Message 3 of 9
atGK8NU

You could create a block of a horizontal line, and use that block in the divide command instead of using points. 

Message 4 of 9
pendean

POINT objects are NEVER used as a TRIM (or EXTEND or much of anything that requires a defined plane) in the program: when and where did you see that ever as an option?

So no, nothing that creates or uses POINT objects (no matter how to set to display them) will do that. Sorry.

With those points in place, try BREAK or BREAKATPOINT commands instead.
Message 5 of 9

You can use the SD command defined in SubDivide.lsp, >here<.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9

The DIVIDE command only "divides" the selected object by placing points along that object. It does not actually break apart or "divide" the object, but rather, it leaves it intact.

To break the object into segments ("divide the object") you would use the BREAKATPOINT command and select each point that was placed on the object by the DIVIDE command.

Message 7 of 9
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: kczerwonka

@kczerwonka wrote:

To break the object into segments ("divide the object") you would use the BREAKATPOINT command and select each point that was placed on the object by the DIVIDE command.

The SD command linked to in Message 5 handles all of that for you, without the need to place Point objects [although it includes an option to do so if you want them].  You don't need to make each Break yourself -- it does them all.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 9

how to enable this command?

Where do I need to write this coding syntax

Message 9 of 9

Download SubDivide.lsp from the link.  Use APPLOAD to load it in a drawing.  Type SD to run the command.

If you would use it often enough to warrant, things can be set up so that it is automatically loaded in every drawing you create or open, so SD will always be available without your needing to go through the loading yourself.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report