Blank page when plot preview & export to pdf

56 REPLIES 56
SOLVED
Message 1 of 57
Anonymous
101513 Views, 56 Replies

Blank page when plot preview & export to pdf

Hey,

Excuse my awkwardness but I'm self taught on AutoCAD & have managed fine for last few months but have encountered an issue this evening I can't resolve.  I've produced drawings, basic they may be, but when preview them the actual drawing area is barely noticable & when export to pdf it practically prints a blank page.  I have very simple items in drawing, stockpiles, excavations test locations, and have been producing pdf's fine, even as recently as this morning using the same cadfile.  But what ever I've managed to do since then has changed something and I can't resolve the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

56 REPLIES 56
Message 41 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

I afraid your suggestions are not working. Please open my file and try to print it to pdf(in A1 size), you will know what i mean.
Message 42 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> Please open my file and try to print it to pdf(in A1 size),

>> you will know what i mean.

Maybe I missed something in the posts before, but "open the file and try to print" ... works on my system.

Please look to the attached video.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 43 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sorry Alfred, did you received my previous reply?
Message 44 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> did you received my previous reply

Which of the replies are you referring to? The one that states "I afraid your suggestions are not working. Please open my file and try to print it to pdf(in A1 size)"?

That's exactly what I did (...please open my file and try to print...) and what I showed in my video, for me it is working (with the correct layout settings) and up to now I don't exactly know what is not working on your side (follow my steps in the video, what is different on your system?)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 45 of 57
Anonymous

Hi,
It is working now after i remove one of the xref. Sorry to trouble you.
Message 46 of 57
Benzcl55

I currently use Acad 2020and I am having the same PDF Plot preview not showing anything, it will show up in Bluebeam after the PDF is produced, but plot preview will just show a blank page!! Ive followed the instructions st set up my page, but no luck!! 

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

Just guessing:

a) don't set your print area to "Extents", use "Layout" instead (in the plot dialog)

b) turn off "plot transparency" (in the plot dialog)

c) start layer manager and verify that no layer is set to "no plot"

d) if you want a PDF, then don't use the Brother printer, use the "DWG to PDF.pc3" as printer/plotter.

If nothing helps then try to upload the drawing, might help us if we can look into it.

HTH, - alfred -

@Alfred.NESWADBA wrote:

Hi,

Just guessing:

a) don't set your printarea to "Extents", use "Layout" instead (in the plot dialog)

b) turn off "plot transparency" (in the plot dialog)

c) start layermanager and verify that no layer is set to "no plot"

d) if you want a PDF, then don't use the Brother printer, use the "DWG to PDF.pc3" as printer/plotter.

If nothing helps then try to upload the drawing, might help us if we can look into it.

HTH, - alfred -

Message 47 of 57
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Benzcl55

Hi,

>> but plot preview will just show a blank page!

Please upload the dwg-file (and all referenced files, best would be to use command _ETRANSMIT) so we can test this on our systems.

>> it will show up in Bluebeam after the PDF is produced

Just to make sure ... you are using an AutoCAD PDF plot device like "DWG to PDF.pc3" or "AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation).pc3" and not any 3rd party device?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 48 of 57
Anonymous

Hello Alfred, 

Can you help with my file? I am trying to plot, but it gave me blank output. I tried everything, but still it gave me blank output, will really appreciate if you can help me. I've attached the .dwg file. Hope u can look into it. 

Thanks.

Message 49 of 57
S.Faris

Select Extents under What to Plot option in Plot Dialog

gLFhXfWImJ.png

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 50 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

omg lol, that worked perfectly, I dont know what I did wrong just now. Thanks man for the help!

Message 51 of 57
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

Blank page when export to pdf. i don't know how to fix it T.T

Message 52 of 57
Anonymous

Hi All,

We already figured it out.

It turned out simply that the model scale was too big on a sheet of paper.

And so it is basically beyond the sheet borders.

And if you zoom out slightly, you will see the model.

So, simply change the scale and everything will become normal.

Tell everyone about it.

Pretty weird though it is happening in Revit only. No other software witnessed such an event.

Message 53 of 57
Anonymous

Thank you for help me out! 😁

Message 54 of 57
hakankaras81

open layers page, and check if the print option of all layers are open

2022-08-29.png

Message 55 of 57

Hello Alfred, Everyone,

Can someone help me with my AutoCAD. Every time I save my 3D model in pdf file. My drawing always multiplies some are broken image. But the PDF itself is accessible. See attached file. Please someone help me.

LAWRENCEALIBUYOG_0-1664517381699.png

Attached photo in AutoCAD preview.

LAWRENCEALIBUYOG_1-1664517444800.png

Message 56 of 57

It looks like you are plotting a Layout that has multiple viewports.

Show us images of the two Layout tabs, please.

(Note: In general, it's better to start a new discussion topic instead of continuing a discussion on a different topic that began in 2013 and is marked as solved.)

Message 57 of 57

Works like a charm. Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report