Black / blank Tab

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
8093 Views, 30 Replies

Black / blank Tab

Hello,

I have a new install of autocad 2015 on a fairly new tashiba laptop. Windows 7, 64 bit. The program installed and seems to run correctly for the most part. I have two known problems:

On startup the program should go to a "new tab" that suppose to show "recent documents" and the "get started" area. But the tab is totally black. I can move my cursor around and it will give the the "hand" showing it's on a link, but there's no link visually showing, Only a blank screen.

And the other similar problem is when I installed the offline help, it has the same problem. When I start help, the window comes up, but it's totally blank or black.

I can start a new drawing or open an old drawing from the menu bar and AutoCad seems to do OK.

Any suggestions on how to solve the mystery?

Thank you for your help and time.

Aj

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I do not have any graphic cards in the system

Then you won't see anything on the screen 😉

But as your AutoCAD is working fine ... start AutoCAD with a new drawing, start command _GRAPHICSCONFIG, make a screenshot from that dialog and upload the screenshot.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Sir, PFA the screenshot.

Message 23 of 31
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you have not done any customizations can you try to

1) reset settings to default (>>>described here<<<)

2) and then start AutoCAD with right-click on the AutoCAD start icon ==> "start as administrator"

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous

Sir, 

I tried resetting the settings to default. It did not work. I had not made any changes anywhere, anyways. Also tried restarting the app and system many a times but to no use. Did the steps mentioned in your last post but to no use again. 

I am sorry if I am doing something silly or taking a lot of your precious time. But i desparately need help. 

Message 25 of 31
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

when you login with another Windows user account, is the start-screen empty too?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous

Sir, when i tried accessing AutoCad through a Guest user in WIN7, it is not starting at all, gives an OS generated "App Crash Error". 😞

Please advise.

Message 27 of 31
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

the predefined guest user has limited permissions, please create a new account, for test purposes with admin permissions.

The login with that account and try AutoCAD.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous

Sir,

I opened it using another admin account. But the problem presists. The start tab still showed grey color and nothing else! there are no links or anything even if i hover the mouse on them. 

Pl. advise.

Message 29 of 31
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

so this means there is no defect in the AutoCAD profile, the ideas now are limited.

In cases with problems with the start screen (mostly it looks like shifted) was a setting of the Windows font size setting to 125% or 150% instead of the default 100%.

But as you see no content, and your screenshot from AutoCAD looks normal, I doubt that this setting was modified.

A global answer in such situations is also to do a clean uninstall of AutoCAD (>>>details<<<) and then a new installation.

My hope is about your statement:
>> without any links or anything (which used to be there until a few days ago)

If that means that AutoCAD's start window was working fine a few days ago? If so there was something installed which blocks this now, Windows update, driver updates, another software, ...? Try to uninstall that or use a system restore point to set your workstation to a previous state.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 30 of 31
Anonymous

Sir,

I restored twice to two different times about 15 days ago. The windows although gave me an error stating that the restore was unsuccessful due to some reason both the times, AutoCad showed first run initialization upon running after each restoration. The problem is still persistent. I can not reinstall AutoCad as the computer is my office workstation and I am not authorized to do anything like that.

Message 31 of 31
aitelcadimohssin

Hello everyone!
About: The start tab not showing in AutoCAD or is empty when is launched.
In this lesson, I show you how to fix errors in the AutoCAD start tab Files missing or not showing. Don’t Worry! It’s Simple and Easy.

Issue:
When launching AutoCAD the Start screen is Blanked off .

Reasons:
1: File AcWebBrowser.exe is renamed
Check the File AcWebBrowser.exe in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020\AcWebBrowser
see the video herehttps://youtu.be/lzkq0fWyNcc 
Solutions:
Do the following:

1.0 : Close Autocad

Go to the file location Autocad--->right click > open file location > in the research bar
Set AcWebBrowser ----> rename the application to it original name (AcWebBrowser.exe)
Restart AutoCAD and it's Done.

Note: Turn Off your WIFI when you make this. (it will show you AutoCAD license is not valid)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta