Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bearing inserted is not same with bearing it should be

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
593 Views, 3 Replies

Bearing inserted is not same with bearing it should be

so ive been drawing this whole plan without checking the bearing and distance of the line (my mistake) and I think it shouldn't be a problem. then, I check every line ive drawn and it shows that the bearing displace slightly from the bearing I type earlier.the drawing is exact with the plan but the bearing some what like it's move.Is it just a thing that can be ignored or I should redraw or is it my lisp or my autocad need to be fix?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

It is very difficult to say based on your description, whether it is your workflow, or a custom program that you are using.  do you have any pictures or drawings you can share that give an example of the issue you are seeing?

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
kmohs

Check your drawing settings. Within the Transformation tab - look for a specified grid rotation angle (bottom right).

Message 4 of 4
Kent1Cooper

Could it be only that the displayed  bearing is rounded  to some cruder precision than the values you typed in, but that the bearing is actually correct?  For instance, say you drew something at a bearing of N23d31'54"W, but when you check it with LIST or in the Properties palette, you see  just N23dW [displayed value only  rounded to the nearest degree].  Check the setting of the AUPREC System Variable [= Angular Units PRECision] -- increase it to show down into the arc-minutes and arc-seconds.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report