Did you mean: 

Automate Legend Generation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1024 Views, 5 Replies

Automate Legend Generation

Hi!

I wonder if there is some software or scripts exsisting to automate Legend creation in AutoCAD. As of now, I use alot of time to create legends manually (maps over pipe-systems etc.). I want to be able to automate this so that the scripts looks whitin each viewport, so see which blocks/lines are visible, and then pull that information out to create a legend.

I need to be able to adjust the width/height of the legend frame. All lines/blocks have different layers, but are XREF'ed in an final drawing for producing the drawings, so it need to detect XREF'ed files.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

legend? (maps over pipe-systems? Post screenshot examples please.
Are you using plain AutoCAD drawing what is unkindly called dumb-lines to simulate non-lines (aka pipes)?
or a "pipe-system" capable vertical versions? Or with a capable add-on that created intelligent object types?

How do you see the program on it's own understanding what goes into the legend: is that info you can pull from the objects themselves (either smart objects or attributes or...)?

TIA
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply! 

Its maps over pipe-systems, its 2D Polylines w different linetypes and colors to differentiate the different pipes depending on theme.

The goal is for the program or script is to pull out objects in the viewport thats only visible; model-space has for example 100 different objects, while the viewport (section of the map) only has 10 different in that specific area, so i cant pull out the legend from model-space, it needs to be whats visible in the viewport only (legend per map).

I attached a screenshot (due to that i do not own the data; the customer does, i turned off all background info, just showing a section of the piping network). In this picture, some different pipes are visible; sewers, tunnel, water-supply etc., which is located on different layers (linetype, color and lineweight is all sorted on a layer basis). The objects over manholes, ponds etc. is also located from its own block, with its own name. 1 type of point-feature, is one specific block. The blocks is stored in the DWG of the piping map, and XREF'd into the LAYOUT drawing.

Let me know if something was still unclear.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

bump this one 🙂

Message 5 of 6
Tomislav.Golubovic

Use something that is more suited to what you're doing like Civil3D

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report