Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD won't fullscreen?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
toinettesteyn
619 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD won't fullscreen?

Hey, I've been struggling with this since downloading AutoCad, it thinks it's fullscreen but there is a white part at the bottom taking up almost a third of my screen

It seems to be fine when I don't automatically hide my windows toolbar, but I would prefer to keep that setting enabled if I can

I would deeply appreciate some help

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
CGBenner
in reply to: toinettesteyn

@toinettesteyn 

Hi, can you tell us what version of AutoCAD you're using?  I wonder if this could be your system's display settings, you might need to play with the High DPI settings?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 13
toinettesteyn
in reply to: CGBenner

I'm using 2024 version, I have tried making it open at a higher screen ratio to no avail. I will see what I can do at the screen settings themselves though, as I only use AutoCad on a seperate screen than my laptop screen

Message 4 of 13
pendean

@toinettesteyn wrote:

I'm using 2024 version...

Have you installed the 2024.1.4 Update yet? ABOUT command in your AutoCAD will confirm what you have installed. It is required. If you don't have it, get it now from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Restart your PC afterwards.

If that did not help your display issue... Set GFXDX12 variable to 0 (that's a zero) then restart AutoCAD/LT 2024: reverting to DirectX11 fixes similar problems for most users.

If still no relief then start GRAPHICSCONFIG command and change the 2D Display Settings pulldown from "advanced mode" to one of the other choices. Your video card or its current driver version lust can't handle AutoCAD's demands at the moment.

HTH

Message 5 of 13
toinettesteyn
in reply to: pendean

Another issue arises, I'm pretty sure my company bought AutoCAD? They paid for it and I got an email with the program and a serial number, but the Autodesk site doesn't recognize that I have any subscription?

Message 6 of 13

Basically I can't update it

Message 7 of 13
pendean

@toinettesteyn wrote:

Another issue arises, I'm pretty sure my company bought AutoCAD? They paid for it and I got an email with the program and a serial number, but the Autodesk site doesn't recognize that I have any subscription?

You have not been able to "buy" AutoCAD from Autodesk in a very long time: you can only subscribe, subscription gets you support and all the updates, and there is no serial number for 99% of users, they rely on email logins now for activation.

You either have 'something else' not authorized by Autodesk, or your are using the incorrect email address to gain support for your software. I suggest you reach out to whomever purchased your license and ask them to get you the update needed for 2024.

Message 8 of 13
toinettesteyn

Lol, I see, I'll consult my manager on the issue thank you

Message 9 of 13
TomBeauford

Are you logged into AutoCAD with your AutoCAD username and password?

64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter
Message 10 of 13
toinettesteyn
in reply to: TomBeauford

How do I check because I'm not sure

Message 11 of 13
pendean

@toinettesteyn wrote:

How do I check because I'm not sure

You are not, you are also using an educational license, are you in a school/uni/college, working there, attending as a student, or are you in an office and this is basically illegal use of EDU software...

pendean_0-1718114298899.png

Message 12 of 13
toinettesteyn

I handle this with my higher-ups, thank you for the advice I appreciate it!

Message 13 of 13
CGBenner

@toinettesteyn 

Hello, would you mind sharing your solution here so that others can find it later?  Thank you.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta