Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad .pat hatch not loading

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
victor.cocuz
674 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad .pat hatch not loading

I am trying to load some downloaded stones .pat files. I copied them into the Autocad hatch library and they are being recognized as files, however there is no texture associated with them. I am not getting any error messages, but whenever I try to hatch something it just jumps back to a standard hatch. 

I thought the files were corrupt, but I tried different sources and none of them loads properly. What am I doing wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: victor.cocuz

EXIT and restart your autocad yet? if Yes, then

Type in like this:

(findfile "xxx.pat")

where xxx is the name of your new stones hatch, hit enter and what does it show on the command line?

Message 3 of 8
victor.cocuz
in reply to: Patchy

No luck 😞

"C:\\Users\\Victor\\appdata\\roaming\\autodesk\\autocad 2015\\r20.0\\enu\\support\\stone\\stone_rubble.pat"

it shows the path

Message 4 of 8
Patchy

Attach your .pat here and let's take a look.

Message 5 of 8
victor.cocuz

Here you go

Message 6 of 8
Patchy

Maybe you set it too dense. It works fine here.

Capture.JPGCapture 2.JPG

Message 7 of 8
victor.cocuz

So bizare! This is how it looks like. All of them are not recognized. And I basically can't select them. I am using Autocad 2015, the standard one.

Message 8 of 8

Do you have a large list of support paths and you added this location last? Try moving this location to above.

As far as I know AutoCAD has a problem loading linetypes and hatch patterns from all the support paths, it only use the first 20 or so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta