Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2013 keeps saving eventhough autosave is turned off

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1294 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad LT 2013 keeps saving eventhough autosave is turned off

I have autocad LT 2013, the problem is it keeps saving every 20 min, and it keeps saving several times.and whenever it happens it takes 5-8 min to come back to normal. i have turned off autosave and reinstalled autocad with deleting all preferance, and i even reinstalled OS(operating system), it is still happening. please help

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

have you try to install autodesk updates and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

A hint: If you decide to reinstall AutoCAD, you have to do a CLEAN reinstall before. (In your case: You should also clean the registrry, because the value of SAVETIME is stored there)

A tip: If you cant find what causes this strange behavior you can setz the SAVETIME to a very high value (e.g. 600). So an automatic saving will done only every 10 hours.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
RobDraw

The problem isn't autosave. It's either an extremely bloated .dwg, an inadequate computer/network, or too many background processes running. Slow autosave is only a symptom of a larger issue.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 9
BrianBenton

Where I work the network settings keep Autosave turned on. I turn it off but it keeps turning back on. IT keeps it that way. However, I have found that I can control the amount of time between saves. I have it set to the max of 600 minutes. I suggest you try that. AutoCAD's autosave is a terrible feature that doesn't work well in my opinion. I haven't used it in decades???? I rely on QSAVE via CTRL+S and archiving files.

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Message 6 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: BrianBenton

@BrianBenton wrote:

AutoCAD's autosave is a terrible feature that doesn't work well in my opinion. I haven't used it in decades???? I rely on QSAVE via CTRL+S and archiving files.

Terrible feature for use as a back-up is correct because it wasn't designed for regular back-ups. You are expecting the wrong thing from it. Autosave files are temporary files so one can recover lost work in case of a crash. The files should be deleted automatically when AutoCAD is exited gracefully. It works perfectly for what it is designed for.

Rob

Message 7 of 9
pendean

LT2013 is 7-years old: did this problem just suddenly appear?
Or has something changed with your setup recently?

BTW, running Win10 is unsupported (no one at Autodesk or Microsoft will ever spend any effort fixing any issues you find).
Message 8 of 9
BrianBenton
in reply to: RobDraw

@RobDraw wrote:

Terrible feature for use as a back-up is correct because it wasn't designed for regular back-ups. You are expecting the wrong thing from it. Autosave files are temporary files so one can recover lost work in case of a crash. The files should be deleted automatically when AutoCAD is exited gracefully. It works perfectly for what it is designed for.

This is a great perspective I haven't thought of before. It might not be designed to be a backup, but most users think of it that way. But I would also say that as a safety net in case of a crash, it still doesn't perform well. 

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Message 9 of 9
RobDraw
in reply to: BrianBenton

@BrianBenton wrote:

But I would also say that as a safety net in case of a crash, it still doesn't perform well. 

There was a time when it was a tool that I used frequently. If it didn't work, I wouldn't have been using it. When I saved people from having to do hours of work over again, I'd say it functioned as designed. It was a miracle in their eyes. 

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report