AutoCAD Leader to Mleader

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
16410 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD Leader to Mleader

Hi, 

I have alot of annotation set up on several drawings and it was set up by putting in a leader (arrow) and then entering text seperately. Now I am trying with difficulty to change the existing text and leaders to multileaders with mtext. I have created a multileader style in the style manager tool but I can not seem to change the existing text to it. I am also looking to make the leader so that it is always at right angles to the first polyline of the leader if that makes sense. Is this possible and am I missing something simple?

@Anonymous,

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: Annotation

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

There is nothing built in AutoCAD to convert separate floating leaders and text objects to MLEADERs. You will need to use something like this LISP instead http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/multileaders/leader-multileader

Can you show us in an image what you mean with your second question? Or show us the problem you are having in an image? Or both?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I want to change it from standard straight arrow to a polyline arrow which I can do. But I have being requested to set it up so that the right angle will not change, essentially lock into place even if I move the main leader. I cant attach the screenshot now

Message 4 of 15
AllenJessup

I don't have access to the program right now. Off the top of my head you could use TXT2MTXT to convert the text to mtext. Then use QLATTACH to attach the Mtext to the leader. I don't know how to turn the single leaders to Multi-leaders.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous, 

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I found this utility in the Autodesk App store. It should help to convert Leaders to Mleaders.

The QLattach command that @AllenJessup mentions can be found in the Express Tools.

Perhaps you can also combine the steps into a Macro using the Action Recorder.

Please share a sample file for the formatting questions so I can better understand what you are trying to create.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

I use a utility from the AutoCAD App Store called LeadertoMleader. I pick the existing leader, then the text and viola!

Message 7 of 15
pendean

FYI, all the fancy talk about the app from the app-store does nothing more than the LISP link I offered in my reply. You still have to fix the content first.

Show us a picture of what you want vs. what you have.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

I'm looking to turn leaders into a multileaders without text.  I want to do this so I can add vertices to the leader.

Do you know how to accomplish this without making new multileaders and deleting the old leaders?

Message 9 of 15
pendean

Wouldn't it just be simpler at that point to just drop an MLEADER and erase the leader?

Message 10 of 15
gotphish001

As Dean said it's probably easier to delete and just add an new multileader. Every other option is going to be just as many clicks as that. If all the ML you need to do this too will have the same amount of vertices you need to add, it's probably faster to make a ML style with that many vertices already. Then just deleting and adding that new style will be your fastest solution as adding the vertices will be much faster.

If you need MLs with different numbers of vertices all over the drawing you could get crazy and make a ML style for each number of vertices like 1,2,3,4,5 vertices. Make a ML pallet and drop each style on the pallet. You then need a ML with 3 vertices just click the pallet button for the 3 vertices ML and add it. If that's something you do often or there are a ton to change the pallet is probably worth it. 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

If there is a lisp to convert a leader to a multileader, that would be two or three clicks.  Whereas with your idea I would be would be to create the multileader (1), select leader point (2), select landing point (3), move mouse to select OK (4) and iterate for as many leaders in the drawing.
No, I don't think it would be as fast or as efficient.
Message 12 of 15
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is another thread that might help you with a lisp routine to do this. I have not tried it myself but it looks promising.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
No, I don't think it would be as fast or as efficient.

Which brings up the question as to why you are making the change in the first place??  Leaving it alone would be infinitely faster and more efficient.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

I'm working on a tag plans for a high rise building and as the building goes up, the tag locations change and the areas for the tags become smaller which introduces the need to add vertices to the leaders to miss annotations.
I know there is a lisp to convert text into multileaders, but it deletes anything you select as text.
Message 15 of 15
gotphish001

I suggested deleting and redoing because it's easier to add the extra vertices that way that you said you needed. Yes it might be a couple more clicks but adding vertices after the fact is more of a pain than doing them from the start.

Anyway here is my lisp that I use to convert leaders to multileaders. You need to shut off running snaps for it to work correctly. If you don't then the ML and text can move to nearby snaps.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report