autocad exception in acmgd.dll arx

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
truss_85
4272 Views, 10 Replies

autocad exception in acmgd.dll arx

Hi, 

I get an error when Autocad starting says "AutoCAD exception in acmgd.dll arx command E0434352 (e0434352h) at address 61747788h". And Autocad did not start.

I tried so many things like

• uninstall and install acad
  • uninstall and install different version of AutoCAD.
  • I tried "Add Readand Read & Execute to the group Users and/or Everyone for the following files: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config
  • Also >>solution<<at that link

No use any of them. Any suggestions.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: truss_85

Hi,

please let us first know a bit about your environment

• which operating system
  • which AutoCAD type, AutoCAD version and service pack
  • did you just install AutoCAD and it never started or was AutoCAD working well but now stopped

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
truss_85
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

• Windows 10
  • First of all, problem stared when I am using acad 2014 with Sp 1. Then I tried different versions one older 2011 one newer 2017.
  • It is perfectly fine for years then stop working and can not open again a few days from now. AutoCAD working well but now stopped.

Thenks in advence.

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: truss_85

Hi,

neither AutoCAD 2011 nor AutoCAD 2014 are designed to run on Windows 10 (not supported as you can see in the system requirements for them >>>click<<<).

>> It is perfectly fine for years then stop working

Then look to the updates (system updates, graphic card driver updates) or new installed software ... which of them were installed since AutoCAD worked fine previously?

What happens if you uninstall them?

An option might also be to go back to a system restore point.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 11
truss_85

Thank you very much.

It is very helpful. System restore point solved my problem.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hello, the error im getting is "exception in acmgd.dll ARX command - Unhandled exception 1 (e0434352h) at address E5D495FCh"while opening autocad 2016 and the OS im using is windows 8.1. Any feedbacks on how to go about this problem? Thank you in advance.

Message 7 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

Some questions:

• when do you get this exception?
  • what service pack does your AutoCAD 2016 have installed?
  • are you running any 3rd party tools/plugins/applications on top of your AutoCAD?
  • what have you tried from the above suggestions?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

When i try to open autocad the problem persists and i dont think im using and 3rd party plugins on top of the software. Before, i tried deleting the files in FLEXnet folder and in "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319" i couldnt find the file machine.config as per the suggestions above. And im not sure which service pack i am using but i do have the latest windows definitions installed on the system.

Message 9 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Before, i tried deleting the files inc [...]

Just deleting files does not solve anything,

As you tried to modify Framework program files and also in AutoCAD folder please

• repair your Framework installation as described >>>here<<<
  • repair C++ isntallations as shown >>>here<<<
  • repair your AutoCAD installation as described >>>here<<<

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Hello, tried each of the suggestions step-by-step but to my dismay the software again showed similar problem. I guess i will have to uninstall it and install some older version of autocaddCapture.PNG. Anyway, i ll leave you with a screenshot of the latest error im getting and if there's any solution to it i will be glad to try it out once. And thank you once again for all your time.

Message 11 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

sorry to hear that, only a few ideas left:

either update your graphic card driver and/or check the procedure to start AutoCAD without hardware acceleration (>>>more details<<<).

create new Windows user account with admin permissions, login with that account, disconnect your workstation from network, disable antivirus and now start AutoCAD

and at least run a clean uninstall and reinstall (>>>click<<<)

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report