Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
435 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP 2014

I have AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP 2014 installed on my computer. I have a 64 bit Win 7 system. The problem Im having is when I open up AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP comes up. Could it be something I may have done wrong during installation, should I uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Define "open up autocad" for us way over here who can't see wehat exactly you are doing or using for that action please.

For example:

MEP has two profiles, MEP and "as autocad", all from the same program. That profile sticks if you don't acively launch "autocad" with the correct profile.
OR
if you actually have two separate programs (not sure why) and you only open drawing files from Windows explorer, then you let WIndows OS decide which program to open for you and it always decides to use the last program that assigned itself the DWG file format.

So which is it that you did? Or did I answer the 'problem' by chance with the info above? let us know.
Message 3 of 5
nestly2

By default, if you double click a drawing file, Autocad Launcher will open whichever one you had opened last.

If you have AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP installed separately,  (as I do) then you should be able to launch whichever you wish by clicking on the corresponding program name in the Windows Start menu, or Desktop shortcut

By default, "AutoCAD's shortcut is

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for the reply. When I say open up, I mean clicking the icon to open the application to use it. I have an icon on my desktop for 2014 Autocad and 2014 Autocad MEP. When I click on the icon for 2014 Autocad, the window for 2014 Autocad MEP comes up.

Message 5 of 5
nestly2

It sounds like the desktop shortcut is messed up.  If you can launch AutoCAD from the Windows Start menu, then just drag that shortcut from the Start menu to the Desktop and delete the one that's not working..   (or compare shortcut properties and adjust as needed)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta