Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 64 bit version

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
apanbasu
5541 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 64 bit version

I am running XP as my OS and My AutoCAD is 2008 version. I am having bunch of problems specifically with Microsoft outlook. My question is if I upgrade my OS to latest Microsoft OS which are all 64 bits program. I have to buy recent version of AutoCAD which is also 64 bit. Will I be able to open archived drawings of past projects created with 32 Bit version of AutoCAD if I upgrade to newest Microsoft OS? Are the latest versions of AutoCAD backward compatible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: apanbasu

Many of us have and many still do run AutoCAD 2008 in Win7 64bit with no issues as long as they are logged into Win7 64bit as full admins.
Message 3 of 5
apanbasu
in reply to: pendean

Dean:

What do you mean by "Full Admin" I have original CD which is upgrade from LT with necessary Keys. Will that suffice to install on OS 7?

Message 4 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: apanbasu

Hello from France

+1 with pendean

Win Seven is officially supported by Autodesk with the ACAD 2011 but everybody knows that the 2010 is running fine with Win Seven

With releases 2009/2008 (not at all supported) you can install and you can (I say "CAN") run on Win Seven (without major problems)

ONLY if you are Full Admin (Windows Login) of you PC when you install (NORMAL) and when you run the software ...

... Sometimes it's OK / Sometimes NOT ... 

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
apanbasu
in reply to: braudpat

My software is upgrade from LT.. When I first installed the software -it was looking for LT. Will that be a problem during re-installtion?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta