Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2022 - Margins disappeared when printing PDF

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
dbrblg
1625 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD 2022 - Margins disappeared when printing PDF

Until today, I'd been using AutoCAD 2017, but have now been upgraded to 2022.

When it came to publishing a PDF, I notice that the margins have disappeared.  I set up the pc3 printer EXACTLY the same was as I did for 2017 and used EXACTLY the same publishing method, yet in the resulting PDF there are no margins at all.

The document page layout for, named "A4", has printer named ACAD.pc3, extents, monochrome.ctb, fit to paper, center plot and A4 paper size.

ACAD.pc3 Points to my printer (the exact same printer as  used on 2017) and paper sizes are filtered down to A4 and A3.

Every thing else is left at default.

Does anyone know why the resulting PDF has no margins whereas it did before?  What has changed and what do I need to do to get this back?

Thanks

[ The subject line of this post has been edited for clarity by @handjonathan Original: Margins disappeared when printing PDF ]

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
dbrblg
in reply to: dmfrazier

The thing is that the paper size which appears in the page setup (A3 and A4 in my case) are not reflected in the standard paper sizes in the AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3

I can add A3 and A4 as custom paper sizes but even when I've done this, the margins still don't work.
Message 22 of 28
pendean
in reply to: dbrblg

@dbrblg wrote:
The thing is that the paper size which appears in the page setup (A3 and A4 in my case) are not reflected in the standard paper sizes in the AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3

pendean_0-1668463040492.png

pendean_1-1668463136051.png

Pulldown.gif

Message 23 of 28
dmfrazier

(I apologize for my earlier comments that referred to AutoCAD 2023. I don't have 2022 installed and was assuming that 2023 is not significantly different.)

"The thing is that the paper size which appears in the page setup (A3 and A4 in my case) are not reflected in the standard paper sizes in the AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3"

I thought that earlier you had indicated that there are paper sizes with the correct dimensions but with different names. Do you not see various ISO A3 and ISO A4 paper sizes? 

Message 24 of 28
dbrblg

@dmfrazier wrote:

(I apologize for my earlier comments that referred to AutoCAD 2023. I don't have 2022 installed and was assuming that 2023 is not significantly different.)

"The thing is that the paper size which appears in the page setup (A3 and A4 in my case) are not reflected in the standard paper sizes in the AutoCAD PDF (High Quality Print).pc3"

I thought that earlier you had indicated that there are paper sizes with the correct dimensions but with different names. Do you not see various ISO A3 and ISO A4 paper sizes? 

Yes the paper sizes seem to be correct but the names are not.

Instead of names such as A4 or A3, I have "ISO full bleed A4 (297.00 x 210.00 mm)", "ISO expand A4 (297.00 x 210.00 mm)" or "ISO A4 (297.00 x 210.00 mm)". 

If the paper sizes match but the names do not how do you know what paper to adjust the margins on?  There are at least three A4 options (as detailed above) which are all the same size and as far as I can see only differ in name and margins - how are you supposed to know which one is being used for plotting or publishing?

I don't have the option to create a custom paper size in the physical pc3 either as it is greyed out.

Message 25 of 28
dmfrazier

Great question.

This just occurred to me:

dmfrazier_0-1668636699757.png

Message 26 of 28
dbrblg

Hi, tried changing this and it has no effect on the print output

Message 27 of 28
abdurrehman7428

Hey, I've been wondering if the standard paper size in the PC3 editor has gone through any updates or if it's just different now.

Message 28 of 28
dbrblg
in reply to: abdurrehman7428

I'd love to say I've solved this alas I cannot 🙄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report