Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2022 is opening the earliest version of the drawing

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
844 Views, 16 Replies

AutoCAD 2022 is opening the earliest version of the drawing

I was working on a project in AutoCAD 2019 and now I'm using AutoCAD 2022. I just tried to open the file I was working on and it opens an earlier version of it, probably the first one I saved, although the icon in the folder shows the latest version of it. I tried to open it in a CAD visualizer online and it turned out to be the right version, the latest one. What is wrong? What can I do?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous ,

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 17
imadHabash

Hi,

AutoCAD is always opening the selected CAD drawing file . Try to start AutoCAD first then type OPEN ( Ctrl+O ) command and select your CAD file , any changes ?

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

It's not the version of the software, it's the version of the drawing.

Message 5 of 17
Patchy

How can you have many versions of 1 drawing with the same name?

Message 6 of 17
pendean

Where do you save your files, and does that location have versioning?

Otherwise AutoCAD only opens the file you selected, there is no in-DWG versioning option now or ever in the past: you selected the wrong location or wrong file to open is likely.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

No, I didn't. I just exported the same .dwg file to another software and it opened the right (latest) version of it. But when I try to open it in AutoCAD it's like the first version saved.

Message 8 of 17
imadHabash

>> But when I try to open it in AutoCAD it's like the first version saved.

It's opened what you select , otherwise you have another CAD dwg file with same name .

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

I don't have it. It's just 1 file, but when I open it in AutoCAD it doesn't give me the latest version saved. It is like incomplete.
Message 10 of 17
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

So if you drag and drop the drawing on the AutoCAD 2022 shortcut and do the same on the Autodesk Viewer, you get two different versions of the drawing?

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

I just made a copy of the file outside the original folder and changed its name, it didn't work as well. When I export the file to another software it gives me the right version.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

This is what I get when I open the file in AutoCAD.This is what I get when I open the file in AutoCAD.I'm working in this part of the file circled in red.I'm working in this part of the file circled in red.This is what I get when I open the file in Autodesk Viewer. Just part of the drawings.This is what I get when I open the file in Autodesk Viewer. Just part of the drawings.This is the red circled part when I open in AutoCAD. It is like one of the first versions of the drawing.This is the red circled part when I open in AutoCAD. It is like one of the first versions of the drawing.This is the same part of the same file when imported to ArchiCAD. It's the last version of the drawing, the one I wanted to be opened in AutoCAD.This is the same part of the same file when imported to ArchiCAD. It's the last version of the drawing, the one I wanted to be opened in AutoCAD.The same part when opened on an online DWG visualizer. It's the right version too.The same part when opened on an online DWG visualizer. It's the right version too.

Message 13 of 17
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

Try the suggestions from this link:

Emilio Valentin
Message 14 of 17
pendean

So it's just a zoom issue then, that's all: post your DWG file here please, let's take you out of the equation to find out what is really going on.

TIA

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The same part when opened on an online DWG visualizer. It's the right version too.The same part when opened on an online DWG visualizer. It's the right version too.This is the same part of the same file when imported to ArchiCAD. It's the last version of the drawing, the one I wanted to be opened in AutoCAD.This is the same part of the same file when imported to ArchiCAD. It's the last version of the drawing, the one I wanted to be opened in AutoCAD.This is the red circled part when I open in AutoCAD. It is like one of the first versions of the drawing.This is the red circled part when I open in AutoCAD. It is like one of the first versions of the drawing.This is what I get when I open the file in Autodesk Viewer. Just part of the drawings.This is what I get when I open the file in Autodesk Viewer. Just part of the drawings.I'm working in this part of the file circled in red.I'm working in this part of the file circled in red.This is what I get when I open the file in AutoCAD.This is what I get when I open the file in AutoCAD.

Message 16 of 17
rkmcswain

@Anonymous - I don't see any attachments?

Also, perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see the answer to @pendean 's question:

Where do you save your files, and does that location have versioning?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 17 of 17
pendean

@lucasgomezschl You either have XREFs that are not loading (and you decided some time ago to hide that alert)

Or you have attached images that are not loading, Or something else you're not experienced enough to notice is missing, or there is an alert you've dismissed, or you keep opening the wrong file over and over again.

Find out, ask someone else in your office or a friend that is savvy with computers to help you out.

pendean_0-1632163824504.png

Or prove us wrong with actual DWG files from ArchiCAD and your AutoCAD please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report