Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to start?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
310 Views, 3 Replies

Where to start?

I utilize AutoCAD at work intermittently and want to personally develop my capabilities. Typically the usage is very basic 2D, running an older 2012 version, and nothing more than shop details for steel fabrication. I personally would like to develop my skills with the latest version and eventually be capable to do work in 3D.

Does it make sense to begin learning shortcuts and functions with AutoCAD LT, because it is affordable, and then once proficient switch to the full version and begin 3D?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

If the boss wants 3d, then ask the boss to get you Advance Steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5tGMU_E1-o

Message 3 of 4
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

Consider learning with a trusted partner and other services - see links:

ValentinWSP_0-1632153169665.png

ValentinWSP_1-1632153260687.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 4
dgorsman

Depending on the industry you're in, you may want to look into Inventor (mechanical), Advance Steel (structural steel), or Revit (architectural/structural, although more on the design/engineering side than fabrication).  They are all parametric modelers, but Inventor and Revit are not AutoCAD based so may require some getting used to.

Fusion360 may also be an option, considering the hobbyist license available.  It's in the same field as Inventor, but with somewhat different ways of doing things.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report