Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2021 OneDrive

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
TechMan13
2849 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2021 OneDrive

Hello,  I believe from the "latest release" info that syncing with OneDrive/Dropbox etc just got better? I understand that to mean that you don't have to rely on 360 anymore.  What I am having a problem with is 'Drawing History' or 'Drawing Version History'.  Can anybody suggest why when I go to View / Drawing History I get the following message:

Screenshot 2020-03-26 11.07.05.png

Many thanks, apologies if I've missed anything I am a new poster.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cadffm
in reply to: TechMan13

YHi,

I miss an information from you:

You followed both links? and you are logged in OneDrive?, or why do you ask here about this information?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
mikefadsk

Hi, Paul. The "sync" of OneDrive/DropBox/Box has not changed and is still controlled by the sync client from those apps.  This new Drawing History palette does add the new functionality of displaying any previous versions that those 3rd party storage providers may have already stored for the DWG you opened.

To use the feature you must be on a subscription and your account has to have the "DWG History" entitlement enabled for you.  If you have a CAD manager, it may be that they have not yet assigned that entitlement for your login.  Once you have the entitlement, it will appear in your account as "AutoCAD - DWG History" AdskProductsServices-DWGHistory.pnglike my screenshot, attached.

Regards,

Mike

AutoCAD Test Development

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 9
TechMan13
in reply to: cadffm

Hi there,  yes I seem to have done those things but it doesn't work for me. I didn't explain myself very well.

Message 5 of 9
TechMan13
in reply to: mikefadsk

Hi Mike, That is very helpful thank you.  I guess I am the CAD Manager, we are quite a small user, 1 Product Design+, 3 ACAD seats and 2 LT.  We are on Subscription but my list has 'Drive' and not 'Autocad - DWG History', is it an additional subscription or does our Reseller need to just enable it?

Screenshot 2020-03-26 15.09.30.png

Message 6 of 9
mikefadsk

Hi, Paul. I think the "DWG History" entitlement should be part of regular subscription. I'm going to request someone in the product support team to reach out to you to help figure out why you are not seeing it.

Regards,

Mike

Message 7 of 9
Tiggz1

Hi Mike, This may be a wider spread issue. I am also on subscription (single LT seat) and it doesn't show up for me either. For reference, I have had the same single seat licence for several years, so I have rolled through the various purchase models (maintenance etc).

Message 8 of 9
cadffm

I have not a regular subscription, but it should act like them,

i can see it in my cep.

Not an answer, just an information that other users have access.

I am a german (version) user.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
mikefadsk
in reply to: Tiggz1

Thank you, Tiggz1, for the additional data point. It does help.   It may be that the entitlement for "DWG History" is not rolled out to all users at once. We are looking into it.  Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report