Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018 Update 2018.1.2

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1009 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 Update 2018.1.2

Lost power during a storm. Rebooted the system (AutoCAD 2018). Now all of my icon's are larger and will not attach to the top or side of the screen. Also with trying to move, copy or select something, I only can left click once, if I do it twice the previous click is cleared out. How can I correct this? Would reloading 2018 solve the problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Try performing a Reset Settings to Default to see if that helps.  Is this the only application that was affected?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

John,
That did not work.
Still have the same issues.
Icon's are all large, only can left click once, half of icon's are gone.

Tom
Message 4 of 9
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I am sorry that didn't work to correct the icon display.

Before trying a clean uninstall and reinstall, can you try creating a new user account and try logging in with it to see if the display returns to normal? Please also check to see if your graphics card driver is current.

Does this happen in other applications?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

It did not happen in any other app/program.

Message 6 of 9
user181

Hi @Anonymous,  The left click once problem might be the PICKADD variable. It needs to be set to 1. For the large icons have you gone to OPTIONS and the Display tab to see if Use large buttons for toolbars is checked and you have the resize ribbon icons to standard sizes is checked?

options.PNG

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: user181

John,
Reset Settings to Default - solved the attaching the icons to the top of the screen.
Use large icon tab was checked - that solves icon size.
I do not know where to find the PICKADD variable - can you help?

Thanks
Tom
Message 8 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

You can simply type PICKADD in at the command line to set the value.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

John,
Thanks resolved the issue.

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report