AutoCAD 2018 Find and Replace problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Peter.deVries
1887 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2018 Find and Replace problem

Hello everyone,

For the past few weeks I had been puzzeling with what seemed to be a different way of working of the Find-command.

The problem that I faced, was that I wanted to search for a specific string within the text in my drawing, but AutoCAD would prompt me with "0 matches found". This is a screenshot of my issue: the text 'Rotation' is in Modelspace, while I am executing the Find-command in Paperspace (note that I have the system look in 'Entire drawing'):

000437.jpg

What is happening here? Searching the internet, also resulted in '0 matches found' ... strange ... is this a bug?

But today I got a light bulb moment! 

It turned out that the 'ANNOALLVISIBLE' was off!!! It seems that AutoCAD only searches the annotative objects that have the same annotation scale as the current when executing the Find-command - or something like that.

Anyway, to find and replace texts, be sure to have the 'ANNOALLVISIBLE' set to 1. Afterwards you can restore the annotation visibility as you would like, of course.

Hope you benefit from this tip 🙂

Kind regards,

Peter

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
imadHabash
in reply to: Peter.deVries

Hi,

i just remind to check the search options settings (if you did not) from the pull down menu (see below image) . 

fsfdf.png     fd.png

regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Peter.deVries
in reply to: imadHabash

Thank you Imad,

The advanced options haven't been missed by me.

An extra checkbox with 'Ignore annotation scale' or something like that might be useful 🙂 Even if it's just for a reminder.

Perhaps for the next release?

Kind regards,

Peter

Message 4 of 6
imadHabash

would you please attache here your CAD file or part of it to try what you're asking for ?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Peter.deVries
in reply to: imadHabash

Dear Imad,

Please find the drawing as attachment for you to see what I mean.

In short, I do not have a problem (anymore), since I found the solution myself. That's why I am posting this, to help others 🙂

Below are two images, which show the different behaviour of the Find And Replace command when the variable ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 0 or 1. First when the variable is set to 0. You will see that 0 matches were found:

000455.jpg

And when the ANNOALLVISIBLE is set to 1? Voilà, 5 matches found !

000456.jpg

Do you see what I mean?

Kind regards,

Peter

Message 6 of 6
sbutler502

Wow, very non obvious feature.

Fixed my problem.

Thank you for lighting the way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta