Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 runs much slower than AutoCAD 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
329 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 runs much slower than AutoCAD 2013

@Cadologist, that's what I'm wondering too.  I have access to 2015, but I find it runs much slower than my 2013 license so I'm loathe to switch to it.  I also found that link you sent and couldn't hunt down the original plugin it linked to (the link is now dead).

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SeeMSixty7
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have access to your old machine? If so you could probably copy the files for it, or you may even have the downloaded installer still on the machine.

Good luck,

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have access to 2015, but I find it runs much slower than my 2013 license so I'm loathe to switch to it.

That should not be the case.  Have you checked your search file paths and their order??

or ....

Are you running full time shaded views while modeling??  2015 increased the resolution of shaded views somewhat and caused some slow-down of orbiting in shaded views, but generally my benchmark tests show a slight increase in performance in 2015.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

@Anonymous it is incredibly slow.  I don't work in 3D at all, so I doubt that is the problem.  I've switched over to 2015 today since I can easily get my file tabs back that way, and it has been nothing but dragging and poking around.  I'm not working in a particuarly complicated or large file either.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Check your system against the minimum system requirements published by Autodesk.

Make sure you have all updates and patches installed

Make sure your server is up to date

Make sure your ACAD search path is fully functional and in the right order.

Turn off (uninstall) any cloud/web/internet links and Autodesk A360 hoodoo.

Message 6 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am surprised that the AutoCAD 2015 is slower than your 2013. Is it possibly file specific? Can you attach one of your typical files for me to examine?

Do you have any add-ins installed? Are you working on a network? Where are the files you are working on located? 

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 8
pendean

Reset 2015 and see if the slowness goes away https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Also make sure 2015 is also fully patched and updated too..

And you did not mention it but if R2015 is running on WIndows10 you might have more problems.
Message 8 of 8
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with how you decide to proceed and your results so other Community members may benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta