Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 plotting Error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2217 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad 2015 plotting Error

Trying to solve an issue I am having with printing to my plotter from autocad. I can print dwg to pdf and plot a pdf and it works fine but would like to cut out any middle steps and send directly to the plotter. Any suggestions?

Job: - Canceled

Job ID: 1
Sheet set name:
Date and time started: 10/27/2015 12:33:33 PM
Date and time completed: 10/27/2015 12:33:34 PM
UserID: ok.diedesign1
Profile ID: <<VANILLA>>
Total sheets: 1
Sheets plotted: 0
Number of errors: 1
Number of warnings: 0

Sheet: - Canceled

File: C:\Users\ok.diedesign1\OneDrive\Mylars\6400032E.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Device name: DieShop_Plotter.pc3
Plot file path:
Paper size: ANSI D - 22 x 34 in. (landscape)

ERROR: The device has reported an unknown error.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What's your plotter? What driver do you have installed?
What Windows version are you using?

Why do I have to ask these basic questions LOL
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I am having the same issue.  I have an HP DesignJet 1055CM that prints fine from a PDF on Windows 10, but will not plot through AutoCAD LT 2017.  My coworker has Windows 10 with AutoCADCivil 3D version and is able to plot to the same plotter without an issue.  I realize that Autodesk says that this is not a supported plotter/driver, but clearly there's a way around this.  My co-worker did not set-up the computer so doesn't know what to do differently with mine.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

They are probably using a different driver that you: check version numbers on both PCs and try to ensure you get and use the same one.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Can you tell me how to compare/find the drivers in AutoCAD?
Message 6 of 10
pendean

WIndows Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager - find your printer, then right click on it and select Properties>Driver.

More info here https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-find-a-drivers-version-number-in-windows-7-2626290
For Win10 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/ad5a063e-5f57-c715-2566-b983195752c1/update-drive...
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you, I was able to find the version...we both have the same driver version 10.0.14393.0.  I uninstalled and reinstalled mine and still come up with the same error.  I am able to convert it to a PDF and print from that, so I suppose that's the solution...to not use the print command, just seems like there should be a real fix.  Thank you again for your help!

Message 8 of 10
pendean

That's an unfortunate workaround: are you, or the other, using a PC3 file or are you both plotting to the Windows driver?

Read this too see if it helps https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/HP-pri...
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I got it to work through a .pc3 plotter that I configured through the PLOTTERMANAGER command and going through "My Computer" rather than a network or system plotter/printer configuration.

Thanks!

Message 10 of 10
yellow_butter

I am having the same problem but on a Mac. Any help with that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta