Did you mean: 

Consistent Crashing - Intel i9 14900K Could Be Your Problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
designGTNEK
640 Views, 1 Reply

Consistent Crashing - Intel i9 14900K Could Be Your Problem

Good Morning fellow Drafters,

For the last 3 weeks I have been through hell with AutoCAD LT 2024 and Revit LT 2024 crashing on me constantly, every day, to the point where it would not open files. It started out of the blue. I contacted AutoDesk Support, My own IT support, and also the PC shop where I acquired my Custom CAD Spec Workstation. All were very helpful, but NO ONE could figure out why the software kept crashing. 

We did absolutely everything recommended by AutoDesk, cleaning up old CAD files, changing windows and AutoCAD settings, testing other versions and releases of software, switching Graphics Cards and RAM sticks and we even got to the point of re-installing Windows 10 Pro, Updating the BIOS, and running Heavy Load hardware checks. Nothing changed, and nothing showed as being a problem. The same random crashes kept happening, usually when re-loading Xrefs, inserting Blocks, or moving objects or drawing geometry in larger files. But even just opening files was crashing the software very often.

I could hear my Desktop fans whizzing into action every time a crash was about to happen.

I spent countless hours searching for hardware issues online and found some gamers noticing crashes with i9 13th and 14th Gen processors. I talked to someone who suggested that the Efficiency E-Cores and Performance P-Cores within the Processor could have something to do with it.

I entered the BIOS and disabled the E-Cores in my i9-14900K processor... All of my problems disappeared straight away and neither the PC or the Software has crashed once. It is not a long term solution, and I have since found that Intel are aware but have not yet issued any official statements while they investigate. But please check what processors you have if you encounter lots of random crashing!

I am sharing so that other frustrated AutoDesk Users do not go through the same painstaking problems when checking your processor make and model could point you to your problem straight away!

Please read this article regarding the CPUs:

https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-continues-search-for-source-of-core-i9-chip-cr...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TheCADnoob
in reply to: designGTNEK

Thanks for sharing!

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report