Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 wont allow SAVEAS Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
davea476
277 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 wont allow SAVEAS Drawings

I recently installed AutoCAD 2013 on a new Dell XPS computor and what I'm trying to do is take my 2010LT created drawings off my old computer and put them on the new one.

I setup a Project folder on the new computer and cut and pasted the drawing files from the old computer via a flash stick.

Drawings went in fine but when I went to work on any one of them I got the message that the drawing is open and can only be accessed as a READ ONLY. So when I go to SAVEAS and try to save the drawing as an other name I continually get the message that I need Administrative permission to save the drawing. I am logged on as the administrator but it still won't let me save these drawings. I don't know if this is a AutoCAD issue or a Windows setting issue but if there is anyone who can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

THANKS,

DaveA

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
matthew.d
in reply to: davea476

Hi @davea476,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Could you try the Autodesk Solution posted here? You will just need to alter the drawings properties.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 3
davea476
in reply to: matthew.d

Mathew.d

I'd like to thank you for your quick response and it worked.

I have to unclick the Read Only on the file that the drawings are in and give the user permission to make changes to the drawings.

Tryed it on a couple of drawings and it work so now I have to appy it to all of them.

Thanks again

dave476

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta