Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD option in print menu is gone

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
447 Views, 7 Replies

ACAD option in print menu is gone

We recently switched a Autocad license from an XP laptop over to a newer windows 7 laptop.  The XP laptop used to have an option in the print menu where you could select ACAD.  This newer windows 7 autocad does not have that option so that when we go into print preview, for only some drawings mind you, then it shows a blank print preview.  Is there a way to get the ACAD option? 

We tried to go to the restore ACAD.CUI file  but that did not work.  Please let us know of any other options or solutions.  Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is PLOT missing in the all of the below areas?

• Ribbon
  • Toolbar
  • Menu

Message 3 of 8
dmfrazier

"The XP laptop used to have an option in the print menu where you could select ACAD."

What release/version/vertical of AutoCAD are you running?

In ordinary AutoCAD 2013 there is no "print menu".  Can you provide some screenshots of what you have tried to describe?

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Sounds more like an XP add-on you did not add to Win7.
Show us a screenshot from XP please with this ability/feature.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry for the slow response, the gentleman I was helping was in meetings and I could not get to the program.  We went through and looked for PLOT but we did not see it.  That may be a user error on our part or we may have missed it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sorry it took a little bit to reply, the gentleman I was helping was in meetings and I did not have access to his laptop.  He said there used to be an ACAD option somewhere here in the attached document in the print menu where the arrow is.  It would usually extend out from this print menu.  I unfortunately cannot get a screen shot of the XP one because we have already wiped the hard drive for that laptop.  We are using AutoCad 2013.

Message 7 of 8
drjohn

Typically, that spot on the print dialogue shows which printer you selected.

If you had a printer named ACAD then that is what would show in the slot you are indicating in your screen cap.

FWIW

Regards,

DJ

Message 8 of 8
dmfrazier

The drop-down list you show in the (very helpful) screenshot will list Windows system printers and AutoCAD PC3 files.

I assume the one named "ACAD" was a PC3 file.  There is no such PC3 file that comes "standard" with AutoCAD, so it must have been a custom PC3 file.  If you have wiped the old PC's hard drive, and it was stored there, then (obviously) it is gone (unless it can be retrieved from a backup - everyone does backups, right, and they always include the user profile folders where all the customized stuff is stored, right?).

If this user has some sort of network setup (with shared support files located on a LAN or some-such), it's possible the PC3 file is still in a network folder somewhere.

If it was pointing to a system printer, I'm not familiar with that particular name (which may have been given a simplified name for easy Id by CAD users), but if so, someone will have to give more info so that an installer for it can be found.  If it's a hard-copy printer, the make/model number can be used to search the Web for a new driver (if it was a printer designed for XP, it may not work with Win 7, but there might be an updated driver available).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report