Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2013 Instllation help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
303 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2013 Instllation help

I'm having trouble reinstalling Autocad 2013 on a computer at work. I went to uninstall it and then rebooted the machine. Afterwards I went to proceed to install it and it hung up on the installation. I left it for several hours and it made no progress. I tried to cancel the installation, but was unable to. I force quit the installation and then wasn't able to install the program because it said it was already installed, but I was not able to run the program. I proceeded to remove all the Autocad 2013 files and registry's suggested by this link https://www.landfx.com/kb/autocad-fxcad/performance/item/548-manual-autocad-2013-removal.html and rebooted. I was able to start the installation again, but It keeps getting to a certain point in the installation and then stays there for hours. I've attached a screenshot of what the installation looks like when it stops progressing. The installation files are on a network location. I'm running Windows 10 pro. The computer has Autocad 2006 and Autocad 2015 on it as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has encountered this before and/or knows how to get the installation to complete.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I'm running Windows 10 

That's one of the most critical reasons why it does not work. AutoCAD 2013 (and the Framworks used for that) is not compatible with Windows 10 (>>>details<<<).

May I ask why you uninstalled it? ...and why you need it as you do have AutoCAD 2015 installed?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

These computers are in a remote location and are configured to grab a network licenses from a server. The licensing server is 400 miles away and is connected via a site to site vpn. When they had internet outages they wouldn't be able to grab licenses and couldn't run Autocad. I setup the licensing software on a local server and changed the environment variable to utilize the local server to acquire a license instead of the server that was connected via VPN. It didn't appear that the local licensing server was being utilized because it never said any of the licenses were in use. I thought what harm could reinstalling it cause and setup the network licensing portion at the start of the install like I normally did. That's how I ended up in my current predicament.

This particular office normally uses 2015 for their projects, but occasionally use 2013 and 2006 for reasons that I'm not entirely aware of. We have about 30 computers running windows 10 and Autocad 2013. I made the office very aware of the fact that 2013 was not supported for Windows 10, but I got it to work on the test machine before getting new machines with Windows 10 on it and it's working on the other 20 some computers. If it's of any value the Windows 10 computers are clean installations. Only 3 of the computers use Autocad 2015 (The main office use 2013 for all their projects and will be upgrading to 2017 shrotly). I'm wondering if something in 2015 is preventing 2013 from being installed.

On a side note the entire office has switched from using Adobe Acrobat to Bluebeam as their pdf viewer and that has caused a number of unrelated issues with other programs. Thank you for the reply I hope to hear more soon.

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I'm wondering if something in 2015 is preventing 2013 from being installed

Can't say yes or no, I never installed an older release after a newer one was installed, from my feeling I would say no.

You might follow that suggestions for a clean uninstall (>>>details<<<), to remove the rest of AutoCAD 2013 as well as 2015 (if not a fresh install of Windows 10 is the faster option).

Also the link I provided above (>>>here again<<<) shows some hints for getting Framework 4.5 based applications installed on Windows 10 (which has 4.6 preinstalled), maybe there are similar tricks available for Framework 4.0 (which is the base for 2013, but 4.5 should hold all 4.0 functions in a compatible way).

Also maybe necessary: create a new local user with admin permission, don't connect the workstation to the network, turn off antivirus and start the setup with right-click and option "start as administrator", it's worth to be tried.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report