Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assocated dimesions on blocks do not update when the block is modified

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Rickgolf72
327 Views, 6 Replies

assocated dimesions on blocks do not update when the block is modified

I have a very simple block of a trapezoid, the shape isn't really important.  This is a moulding profile that ended up changing size after review.  I have dimensioned it with associated dimensions, but now that I updated the size of the trapezoid (the shape didn't change) in the block the dimensions do not update.  Has anyone else found this, and is there something that can be done about it?  This seems like a huge issue, we use blocks all the time for profiles for just this situation.  Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Rickgolf72

Post your DWG file with the problem, show us your work.

Message 3 of 7
Rickgolf72
in reply to: pendean

Here is the block, if you make any change to the size inside the block the dim's do not updated

Message 4 of 7
pendean

The yellow tags point to problems with your dims

Capture.PNG

Otherwise see attached, I used REFEDIT to change your block size and the no-issues dims follows.

Message 5 of 7
Rickgolf72

I'm sorry, those are not the dim's that I am worrying about.  I have reassociated them in this drawing, but the issue is still the same.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Works fine here once I take your CANNOSCALE setting from "full scale" and back to your 1-1/2" setting that all of your dims are set to...

Message 7 of 7
Rickgolf72

Pendean,

could you explain that to me a little more.  I still can't seem to get that to work.  Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report