Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All AutoCAD products freezing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alexandru.girtan
323 Views, 6 Replies

All AutoCAD products freezing

I have a very annoying problem with AutoCAD, but not with just one version, but with all o them and also only on one particular computer. After I install AutoCAD Student Version, it works very well for somewhere around a month and after that, it starts, but when I enter in the principal menu and I am taking the arrow over the icons, they get high lighted but when I press them nothing happens. It freezes completely, I can't even press the X button to close the window, nothing. And that thing started to happen 1 year ago on the same laptop, reinstalling the windows seems to solve it for a very short period a time, but like I said after one month is starting doing the same for all AutoCAD products from 2015 to 2017Capture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

>> reinstalling the windows seems to solve it for a very short period a time

Reinstalling is in general the best method to get a system cleaned.

If the same happens again (same issue that AutoCAD is freezing) is a proof for you installed something in the same way, that could be a driver, that could be other software.

How often does this issue happen?

Is it always the start screen of AutoCAD? (in that case it might depend on internet connection)

When you then kill the process and restart AutoCAD ... does it freeze again?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Is happening no matter if is the start screen or if I try to straight open a dwg drawing. It's loading, and after 2-4 seconds it freezes. I tried to reinstall AutoCAD, I currently have AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD 2015 on this laptop, all of them with the same problem. Reinstalling doesn't help, neither reinstalling this windows.  

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

How often does this issue happen?

When you then kill the process and restart AutoCAD ... does it freeze again?

Have you tried, when that happens again, to start without any network connection (not network, no network-printer, no internet found)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 7

this is happening every time I am opening the AutoCAD, none of the AutoCAD products work anymore on this laptop because of this problem, I can't use them. Even if I force stop them, after starting them again the same issue. I tried with network, without network the same situation.

Message 6 of 7

Hi,

>> this is happening every time

Sorry, from your first post with that statement:

>> this is happening every time

I thought it is intermittent.

Step one would be to start Autodesk Desktop App, make sure you are logged in and wait a few minutes so it finds the updates to install.

Next would be to go to Windows control panel ==> programs and features and search for that software (also under updates) that was installed since AutoCAD was working the last time. If you have a system restore point (or more) then you might use that feature to get back to an earlier state of the system.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report