Did you mean: 

Aligning leaders by arrow ending

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
m_kingdon
820 Views, 4 Replies

Aligning leaders by arrow ending

Hi,

I am aligning some leaders and I find the text on the right side of this drawing aligns better than the text on the left side.

I know why this is, the text is set up to write from the left side going right, which is fine when using a leader with the text on the right side, but not the left side.

My question: is there a quick way of aligning leaders by where the arrow ends and the text begins, rather than the start of the text?

Text align.jpg

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: m_kingdon

I don't see a way using MLEADERALIGN. You may have to do like we have to with Civil 3D labels, and draw a no-plot line and snap the right-aligned text portion of each object to this line.

alignme99.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: rkmcswain

R.K's got a very workable solution.  If however, you've already done the work and you want a workaround, mirror all the leaders about a point, align the same leaders and then mirror them back about the same point.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: m_kingdon

Hi,

Regarding text starting.... i think to solve such a problem is when you want to make leaders at the left side and BEFORE writing text just press Left button as attached.

MLD.png

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
m_kingdon
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi all, thanks for the answers. Both the line and mirror method work great, but I usually use the line method as I find it a bit quicker for the number of labels I have. I couldn't get the leaders to align differently using text justification, they always align to the left of the text regardless of if I have left or right justification set. I might put "aligning leaders by end of leader" in the future CAD wishlist.

Mike Kingdon
Civil 3D Zealot

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report