Adapt Line Properties quickly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
506 Views, 2 Replies

Adapt Line Properties quickly

Hello,

I have just started using Autocad. Since I have been using Archicad for a long time I am looking for a similar command that would help me to enhance my drawing process. If I have two different kind of lines (different properties) and I want to quickly adapt the other lines properties and draw with it. It worked similar like the pipette (I hope thats the right english expression) in photoshop, which allows u to just click on a certain color and to work with it. Maybe there is a command like that I just couldn't manage to find the right answer. Is there something similar in Autocad? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and welcome ,

I think ADDSELECTED command line is your need .

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

.... If I have two different kind of lines (different properties) and I want to quickly adapt the other lines properties and draw with it. .... 

You may also be interested in MakeMore.lsp and its MM command, available here.  It's essentially ADDSELECTED for those using older versions that don't have that command, but it's better than ADDSELECTED in a couple of ways.  Mostly, it offers you options for things that can be drawn with different commands [see Cadalyst's description and my first comment].  Perhaps the biggest benefit is when you select a Polyline.  Instead of just starting up the PLINE command as ADDSELECTED does, MM can recognize whether it's one of several special varieties [Rectangle, Donut, regular Polygon, Revcloud], and will offer those commands as default, so if that's what you want, you can just hit Enter.  But it also offers all the other commands that make Polylines as options.  Also, if the selected object has any non-default/non-ByLayer properties as overrides, it warns you that it's going to change the current-entity settings so that what you then draw will have the same properties, in a reminder suggesting that you set them back when you're done, and it has its own MMR [= MakeMore Reset] command to do that.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta