Did you mean: 

ACA2010 to 2019 upgrade

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
365 Views, 3 Replies

ACA2010 to 2019 upgrade

Hi, could use some opinions about migrating from autocad 2010 to 2019? currently we are using  2010 autocad on 2 seats in windows 7 - 64 bit platform. But ,  we would like to upgrade machines and operating system to windows 10 64 bit machines soon.  What would be the best course of action of here?? money wise, production wise??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You can only subscribe (AKA rent) AutoCAD 2019, you can never own the license: so when you stop renewing the software stops working.

Are you ready to do that now? R2010 is your license for life and you can no longer do that with newer versions.

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

When you move to 2019, you can only rent it. So whatever the cost (currently $1,575 each license), you'll have to pay that every 12 months. There might be a slight discount if you go with a 3-yr rental up front. You *may* be able to get your perpetual license of 2010 working on Windows 10, but you are on your own, it won't be supported.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Well yes as soon as i decide they will order the parts for new machines and of course the program itself. i believe you cant run the autocad 2010 with Windows 10 64 bit, its almost tempting to tell the boss and get the Autocad Revit Lt, if we do light 3d modelling cartoon rendering but with Autocad full version we ll have the capability to do so in construction environment besides drawing just 2d structural details in one program and not waste money having two programs in one machine, in this case 2 machines for my boss and me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report