Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k Scaling

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
Anonymous
3516 Views, 22 Replies

4k Scaling

I find it unbelievable that a 'premier' software that costs nearly 3 grand will not allow proper dpi scaling for high resolution screens. This is a design software and it is crazy to me that they do not care about the designers that use high resolution screens. I will not switch out my screen every time I have to use CAD. Adobe figured it out and so did some guy on a laptop that "tricks" your computer to scale it to make settings legible in CAD. Not a perfect fix but it works. This has been a known issue since 2013 or perhaps before. They did say on a forum it was going to come out in 2014, but here we are in 2016 and still no scaling for high resolution screens. Maybe with enough pressure they will help us out here that use high resolution screens for more than just CAD. 

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 22 of 23
cvlci_CAD
in reply to: pendean

I saw someone mentioned it on the first page but no one provided a link.  I used this on my old 4K laptop with ACAD 14 and it worked decently.  Not perfect but better than normal.

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

I also played with the settings in the following pictures (Type 'OP' for options)..  A few of the example pictures around here look like it be solved by using the Fonts button and setting them smaller.

Message 23 of 23
pendean
in reply to: cvlci_CAD

Good old tip but it doesn't always work or work consistently: if it does for you that's great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report