3D Display Error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
643 Views, 6 Replies

3D Display Error

Hi CAD world

I've had a very strange error occur on a drawing. It is displaying as shown in the attached image. The drawings is of about 1000 3D solids not the 100 or so 2D lines shown. The 3D information is still in the file, as they display fine in the Page Layouts. The Page Layouts revert to this same display when I Zoom All, but don't if I zoom out with the mouse wheel. Zooming back in displays these lines.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

how were the 3D objectes created?

For me that looks like you are seeing the objects from the side, so try command

_-VPOINT 1,1,1

Then you see you objects in 3D .. hopefully 😉

Other option, press <CTRL><A> ... what objects can you see in the property window that are now selected?

Best would be we would be able to look to your dwg-file.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred

The objects were mostly made with the box tool.

Unfortunately it isn’t as simple as a view angle issue. 3D rotating the view still shows the same line work. Selecting the objects by any means selects them as lines as though they are a bock. Exploding them only gives lines.

It is as though doing Zoom All by any means is converting the shapes to lines, but that isn’t then replicating through paper spaces.

I have been able to Select All inside Paper Space and copy and paste into a new file but this isn’t a good solution due to how much information will be lost in my page layouts.

Please see attached for my DWG.

Cheers
Adrienn

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Please see attached for my DWG.

Sorry, nothing attached.

To attach files please do not reply by mail, use your Internet Browser to use the attach button inside this site (small paper clip symbol below of the textbox).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Apologies. I believe AUTODESK’s mail system blocked my attachment. I can’t submit the file through an attachment in a forum setting for IP reasons. Please try the bellow dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/matgskcqg21hpxs/AAAADihALVHe-oQP4uqVIe4ra?dl=0

Thanks for your help
Adrienn

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

well, looking first to modelspace ==> the entities you see is (when zoomed to extents) is just one block.

I have no idea whatfor this block is needed as it has geometry that makes no sense from my point of view.

However, delete that block, then run again zoom extents, now you can see objects which make sense (I hope).

BTW: this dwg-file was edited or created by a none Autodesk product, so it might be important to know which system has created that file to understand the one big block in the modelspace.

That's what I can see now in your drawing:

20191205_111108_0001.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

H Alred

Such a simple solution. I don’t know why I didn’t consider that.

Thanks very much for your help. That has resolved the issue.

Best
Adrienn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta