Did you mean: 

2D drawing into isometric

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
747 Views, 3 Replies

2D drawing into isometric

Hello there is there a way that if I draw the 2D views of the object autocad can automate a 3D view or isometric ? or is there another program that can do this is that I am having trouble visualizing the pieces when I draw the isometric in paper because I am a student and and I'm taking engineering graphics and we are still drawing in paper

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

Generally the purposes of these exercises is to help you become capable of visualizing internally and understanding what you are looking at. You will need this skill if you only model in CAD in the future. If you will be working in any manner with design this is a very important skill to have. Even if you will only be working on computers, its good to know how to sketch these things out on paper.

I would suggest more practice. There is no short cut for being able to mentally abstract a physical shape. Talk to your professor and let them know the problems you are having and give your self enought time to practice. 

If you need a book i would check out G Bertoline's book "Introduction to Graphics Communications for Engineers" https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/introduction-to-graphics-communications-for-engineers-gary-robert-b...

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Thanks have a good day

Message 4 of 4
TheCADnoob
in reply to: Anonymous

no problem. 

Check out youtube and search thing like Isometric projections, or projections, or descriptive geometry. There are some good video out there that show some process for doing this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9K2lMBlEd8&list=PLzBdnwbILHpnDxanWnaZc_SId06Sf5ivl&index=2

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta