AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranferring custom commands from Autocad to Autocad LT (Mac)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vargas.jna
180 Views, 4 Replies

Tranferring custom commands from Autocad to Autocad LT (Mac)

I'll be switching from Autocad to Autocad LT (still on the same Mac) in about a month and was wondering if there was a way to get all my custom commands and aliases from one to another, without having to manually write and modify everything from scratch.

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: vargas.jna

Hi @vargas.jna ,

You can migrate customizations from one AutoCAD for Mac version to another, but I don't think that it is possible to automate the migration of custom settings from full AutoCAD to LT.

You can do this only manually.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
pendean

... also, if any of your "custom commands" include commands (or LISP) that are not in LT as a core feature, they will not suddenly run in LT either.

HTH
Message 4 of 5
vargas.jna

@maxim_k  too bad, thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll have to take a bit of time inputting everything all over again...

@pendean yes I am aware. The one command I used a lot that won't be available in LT is FLATTEN. Super handy even in 2D drawing (mainly when working on imported/received files). But oh well, I will have to learn to live without it.

Thank you both

Message 5 of 5
pendean

@vargas.jna wrote:

@pendean yes I am aware. The one command I used a lot that won't be available in LT is FLATTEN. Super handy even in 2D drawing (mainly when working on imported/received files). But oh well, I will have to learn to live without it.

Explore this (scroll down to "To flatten a drawing manually or in AutoCAD LT" then read through to the end) https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/how-to-f...

Understand that these only move content to Z=0, but will not edit/change the content from 3D to 2D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report