AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title block keeps changing layer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
444 Views, 4 Replies

Title block keeps changing layer

So im just teaching myself AutoCAD 2015 now and i created a title block to draw my drawings.
The only thing is when i change layers to try and draw the shapes ect that the teacher assigned for us the title blocks layer keeps changung from border to whatever layer i select next. How do i keep this from happening?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Why do you think the title block changes to another layer?
Have you checked its properties in the Properties palette?

How do you change current layer? Do you use drop-down layers list in the Layers palette? If so, be sure that the Title block is not selected when you change to another layer.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Ide assume if i had more in the drawing everything would change to whatever new layer that im changing too.

Im changing layers by using the drop down menu on the right hand side of the screen, is there a way to permanently lock my titleblock to my border layer?
Message 4 of 5
maxim_k

If you put the title block to some layer in the drawing, it should not change its layer when you change current layer as you described.
You can check the layer of the title block by selecting it in the drawing window and looking for the Layer property in the Properties palette.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Try this:
Place your titleblock on your "border" layer. Now lock the layer.
If you find yourself grabbing locked items or AutoCAD reports whatever you are grabbing is on a locked layer, you'll know for sure you are the reason things move around more that you want them to with your selection methods.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report