AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to remove and or customize the command/icon panels?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
655 Views, 3 Replies

Possible to remove and or customize the command/icon panels?

Hello all, I am a new user to AutoCAD 2019.

How do you customize the icons shown on the left side of the interface?  I can see that when clicking on the 'gear icon' of each panel you can then select (or de-select) which commands are showing. However, is there a way to delete an entire panel menu? At the bottom left, there are two buttons that can arrange the panel order along with adding a new panel, and if you don't like your new panel, you have the option of deleting it.  So how do you delete the stock (preset) panels?

I like to work minimally and would rather not see anything I do not use.  I remember being able to customize my command icon layout on my previous version of Mac AutoCAD, but I am having trouble with this new version.

My hope would be to create a new panel that would be customized with only the command icons that I want. And there would be no other stock panels showing at all. Is this possible, if so, how?

I am really stumped here, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It is not possible, you only can disable all buttons inside stock toolsets panel, but cannot remove the panel itself.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Wow, really?  I think that is incredibly short sighted, I wonder why the programmers removed the option.  For those who like to work with a minimal set up, the remaining (yet empty) panels are taking up valuable space on the screen.  Is there a way to provide feedback to AutoDesk about this?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report