AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DConnexion Support

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
omnikurt
439 Views, 3 Replies

3DConnexion Support

Are there any plans on adding 3dConnexion device support to AutoCAD for Mac?  If not, why?  The 3D space mouse is a valuable tool which is already supported in your Fusion and Maya packages.  It should be a simple add to make it work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: omnikurt

I can't see this being as useful as in the other products, which are entirely 3D.  Its overkill for basic CAD work.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
omnikurt
in reply to: dgorsman

I appreciate your opinion, but respectfully disagree.  AutoCAD for Mac includes 3D tools and solid modeling, all of which benefit from the ability to manipulate the model.  The SpaceNavigator/SpaceMouse is supported in the Windows version of AutoCAD, so why not support it on the Mac side?  As previously stated, it should be an easy implementation to allow it to function.  I create 3D models using AutoCAD, because that's what I know.   I do them on a Mac because that's what I like.  The Mac platform shouldn't be handicapped.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: omnikurt

No one here is Autodesk so its pointless disagreeing with anyone about anything.

Since Autodesk chose to omit many of the 3D niceties from the MAC version, and many other things to boot, if you want 3DConnexion in AutoCAD today you will need to slide over to the Windows version as you already know.

If you want to tell Autodesk about you thoughts and beliefs etc. you can do so here https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Also reach out the 3Dconnexion since it takes two to make what you wish happen https://www.3dconnexion.com/service/technical-support.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report